Old 29-12-2003, 05:13 PM
Arthur

Default Trapped!

My wife ("Spider" in this group) went to the local garden centre today to
spend the gift vouchers she received for Chistmas. After browsing the
outside rows of shrubs, she carried her choices to the shop only to find
that they had closed up, locked the gates and gone home at 2.30pm. The
premises are surrounded with high fences, spikes and barbed wire.
Fortunately she had her mobile phone and was able to call for help. The
local police couldn't contact the keyholder so they called out the fire
brigade with their ladders to get her over the back wall.
And she had to leave the plants behind ...

- Arthur

Old 29-12-2003, 06:34 PM
Stephen Williams

"Arthur" wrote in message
My wife ("Spider" in this group) went to the local garden centre today to
spend the gift vouchers she received for Chistmas. After browsing the
outside rows of shrubs, she carried her choices to the shop only to find
that they had closed up, locked the gates and gone home at 2.30pm. The
premises are surrounded with high fences, spikes and barbed wire.
Fortunately she had her mobile phone and was able to call for help. The
local police couldn't contact the keyholder so they called out the fire
brigade with their ladders to get her over the back wall.
And she had to leave the plants behind ...

- Arthur

Garden centres will do anything to keep you attracted to the "bargains"!
Be interested to hear the Managers response to your wifes charge of
imprisonment against her will.

Trust she's OK after her ordeal and that she finally gets the plants she
wanted.

Steve

Old 29-12-2003, 06:34 PM
Bob Hobden

"Arthur" wrote in message
My wife ("Spider" in this group) went to the local garden centre today to
spend the gift vouchers she received for Chistmas. After browsing the
outside rows of shrubs, she carried her choices to the shop only to find
that they had closed up, locked the gates and gone home at 2.30pm. The
premises are surrounded with high fences, spikes and barbed wire.
Fortunately she had her mobile phone and was able to call for help. The
local police couldn't contact the keyholder so they called out the fire
brigade with their ladders to get her over the back wall.
And she had to leave the plants behind ...

Sounds like she is due some more "Gift" vouchers, quite a lot I should
think.

--
Regards
Bob

Use a useful Screen Saver...
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/
and find intelligent life amongst the stars
354 data units completed.

Old 29-12-2003, 09:16 PM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from "Arthur" contains these words:

My wife ("Spider" in this group) went to the local garden centre today to
spend the gift vouchers she received for Chistmas. After browsing the
outside rows of shrubs, she carried her choices to the shop only to find
that they had closed up, locked the gates and gone home at 2.30pm. The
premises are surrounded with high fences, spikes and barbed wire.
Fortunately she had her mobile phone and was able to call for help. The
local police couldn't contact the keyholder so they called out the fire
brigade with their ladders to get her over the back wall.
And she had to leave the plants behind ...

If the GC stocked leather gloves, secateurs and pruning saws, she
could have liberated herself and all the plants:~}.

Janet.

Old 29-12-2003, 09:31 PM
shazzbat

"Arthur" wrote in message
My wife ("Spider" in this group) went to the local garden centre today to
spend the gift vouchers she received for Chistmas. After browsing the
outside rows of shrubs, she carried her choices to the shop only to find
that they had closed up, locked the gates and gone home at 2.30pm. The
premises are surrounded with high fences, spikes and barbed wire.
Fortunately she had her mobile phone and was able to call for help. The
local police couldn't contact the keyholder so they called out the fire
brigade with their ladders to get her over the back wall.
And she had to leave the plants behind ...

- Arthur

She could have got out by spinning a web, no?
Anyway, I would have thrown the plants I wanted over the fence and picked
them up once outside.

Steve

Old 29-12-2003, 09:31 PM
Arthur

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message

If the GC stocked leather gloves, secateurs and pruning saws, she
could have liberated herself and all the plants:~}.

Unfortunately the tools were all locked in the building, and Spider was in
the yard outside. Plenty of plants all around, but nothing for her to
break out with. I think she will be going back there tomorrow to get the
plants, so I will ask her to post here what happened.

-Arthur

Old 29-12-2003, 10:31 PM
JennyC

"Arthur" wrote in message
My wife ("Spider" in this group) went to the local garden centre today to
spend the gift vouchers she received for Chistmas. After browsing the
outside rows of shrubs, she carried her choices to the shop only to find
that they had closed up, locked the gates and gone home at 2.30pm. The
premises are surrounded with high fences, spikes and barbed wire.
Fortunately she had her mobile phone and was able to call for help. The
local police couldn't contact the keyholder so they called out the fire
brigade with their ladders to get her over the back wall.
And she had to leave the plants behind ...

- Arthur

When she has recovered she may enjoy...........:
http://arago4.tn.utwente.nl/stonedea...il/ra/19-01.ra

Jenny :~)

Old 29-12-2003, 11:35 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Arthur" contains these words:

Unfortunately the tools were all locked in the building, and Spider was in
the yard outside. Plenty of plants all around, but nothing for her to
break out with. I think she will be going back there tomorrow to get the
plants, so I will ask her to post here what happened.

We wait with bated breath.

--
Rusty Hinge http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/tqt.htm

Dark thoughts about the Wumpus concerto played with piano,
iron bar and two sledge hammers. (Wumpus, 15/11/03)
Old 29-12-2003, 11:35 PM
martin

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 22:30:23 GMT, Jaques d'Alltrades
wrote:

The message
from "Arthur" contains these words:

Unfortunately the tools were all locked in the building, and Spider was in
the yard outside. Plenty of plants all around, but nothing for her to
break out with. I think she will be going back there tomorrow to get the
plants, so I will ask her to post here what happened.

We wait with bated breath.

whilst they wait with baited traps.
--
Martin