Old 31-12-2003, 09:48 PM
Gary Woods

Default Emotions and Gardens.

Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:

It has been shown that a lot of spooky places are 'haunted' by
infrasound - that is, low notes on or just below the audible range.

Something churches know; which is why those massive pedal-note pipe
organs...

Old 31-12-2003, 09:48 PM
Spider

Hello Mich,
I agree you should have the site checked out and certainly exorcised.
A number of times in the past I have seen, felt and heard 'ghostly'
manifestations. Other people were also aware of them independently and on
different occasions, but in the same building (modern, but on the site of an
old house). These spirits undoubtedly exist, and I do sympathise with your
unfortunate situation. One of 'my' spirits was malevolent and had a most
unpleasant presence.
Unlike the others, I cannot offer a practical solution, but wish you well in
finding an answer.
Regards,
Spider
mich wrote in message
I have refrained from making a posting such as this before because I am
sure someone will take the p*ss!
I am not superstitious and I am not prone to being led by my emotions
generally.

I have lived in my current house which has a large garden for about four
years. It was very overgrown when I arrived.
I have spent sometime clearing it and making flower beds and a veggie

patch
amongst other things. I haven't finished yet by a long way.

There is a part of this garden which worries me. I can only describe it

as
having a "presence".
Its spooks me. I find it erie and when I have been working and clearing
there I always feel as if I am being watched or someone has come into the
garden and I have to leave to take a look etc.

I cant call it malevolent but its not a happy feeling. Its also very cold
with a biting wind that cuts across it . I have tried to put in a wind
break in several places but to no effect. Its cold on the hottest of

days.
The rest of the garden doesn't seem to have any kind of wind problem at

all.

Ive also had several accidents and incidents in this part of the garden.
Each time I change anything or disturb anything I end up stung by wasps

in
December?). The fence has fallen down and the Cornish wall has collapsed.

am currently repairing both. Hence my comments today. Ive been down there
again and felt this feeling.

Ive tried clearing the area . Tidying and altering it. Taking down large
over grown bushes and re planting and even done some hard landscaping but
this feeling abides.
Its a large narrow section of garden about 20 ft by 100 ft strip across

the
back of the garden.
The garden is SW facing and this is western part of it. In the one corner
there is a green house. I am not happy going in there either although

there
are no growing problems. I got a good crop of tomatoes last year, although
the first year I bought it into use I thought I had tobacco virus!

However,
subsequent years have shown no such problem.

Anyone ever come across anything like this in their garden?
Likely answers to a cause? rational ones would be good , but I'll

entertain
anything within reason!
Any solutions?

Old 31-12-2003, 09:48 PM
Mike Lyle

"mich" wrote in message ...
I have refrained from making a posting such as this before because I am
sure someone will take the p*ss!
I am not superstitious and I am not prone to being led by my emotions
generally.

[...]
There is a part of this garden which worries me. I can only describe it as
having a "presence".
Its spooks me. [...]

There do seem to be places like that. There doesn't need to be a
spooky reason: we are sensitive to lots of perfectly ordinary
impressions we can't identify the source of.

But why not get a dowser or two in to go over the whole garden, at
different times and without telling them exactly why or where? (You
might tell them you're interested in buried metal, or want an idea of
how the rock strata lie: something like that.) At the most everyday
level, there may simply be a high water table or an abrupt change in
the soil-structure there which lowers the local air-temperature and
humidity; or an underground watercourse, which some say can affect
your mood. (In the field below me you can just make out the original
course of the stream which now flows down a straight ditch to the
side: the soil there is certain to be different from the rest of the
field.)

Some dowsers, if they know you want to hear, will give you reports
very much like those of Chinese geomancers: it's up to you whether you
believe them! I'm open-minded on these things, but by no means
convinced, since the world modern science is constantly revealing in
measurable ways is quite poetic and mind-boggling enough to keep the
"spirit" side of me busy. I once asked a couple of dowsers what they
thought of a house somebody found spooky, and IIRC one said there was
a watercourse underneath and the other said it needed a coat of white
emulsion on the black exposed joists downstairs! The coat of paint
worked a treat.

How do mammals and birds react to the place? Do other people get the
same feelings as you do? (You might simply have set up a conditioned
response in yourself as a result of a couple of early coincidental bad
events or feelings in the area.)

You could check the maps for archaeological evidence. Perhaps you may
get the chance to have somebody do a geophysical survey with
ground-penetrating radar or whatever it is: that could reveal any
anomalies in the subsoil.

Maybe there's an underground electric cable running through: some
people may be unconsciously sensitive to field -- the question of its
possible health effects is still, I believe, open.

If I had a patch like that on my garden, I'd make it into a
low-maintenance shrubbery with lots of cheery winter-flowering things
and bulbs, and admire it from afar. There's no sense in forcing
yourself to spend time in a place you don't like, whether the reason
seems sensible to you or not.

Do keep us posted.

Mike.

Old 31-12-2003, 09:49 PM
David Hill

I would go along with the advise to talk to either your local priest or to
someone from your local Spiritualist church.. a Good medium may
help...........and to think that no one has suggested warming it with a
spirit lamp.....(Sorry but someone had to lower the tone).

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries