Old 02-01-2004, 01:34 PM
Rusty Hinge

Default Emotions and Gardens.

The message
from "mich" contains these words:

I had originally taken no notice of the sudden garden end and when I
started clearing thought it
was because the area was filled with rubble and couldnt be dug. It was only
when I started working there I felt the problem.I have hard landscaped it
with the intent to of putting up a shed and a greenhouse here myself, but I
dont know what to do now.

the 'sunken' aspect of it could cause infrasound effects. IME most
'hauntings' turn out to have a logical mechanical reason, though I have
encountered some that have none, and - well, one instance: I had a
lodger, and he first sensed something odd about the place. We each
occupied a front room. The rooms jutted out beyond the front door, which
was approximately halfway down the rooms, with a long hall down the
middle of the bungalow.

One night, we had both retired for the night, and we heard a key in the
lock of the front door, the characteristic creak of the hinges, followed
by the 'chunk' of the shutting door.

I thought: "Who the Hell's that? Pat's in bed!"

Pat thought: "Who the Hell's that? Tony's in bed!"

We both opened our bedroom doors at the same time and I switched on the
hall light.

There was nothing to be seen, but we both heard footsteps going down the
hall away from us.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old 02-01-2004, 04:13 PM
Mike Lyle

Rusty Hinge wrote in message ...
The message
from Gary Woods contains these words:
Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:

It has been shown that a lot of spooky places are 'haunted' by
infrasound - that is, low notes on or just below the audible range.

Something churches know; which is why those massive pedal-note pipe
organs...

Forgotten where it is - Albert Hall? Royal Festival Hall? St. Paul's?
has a 64 ft pipe which they daren't play in case it shakes the place
down.

I have thoughts along those lines using music generation software. I
have speakers which will handle infrasound.....

Getting OT fast, but that can actually kill people, so take care!

Mike.
Old 02-01-2004, 06:42 PM
Janet Baraclough ..

The message
from Rusty Hinge contains these words:

We both opened our bedroom doors at the same time and I switched on the
hall light.

There was nothing to be seen, but we both heard footsteps going down the
hall away from us.

Perhaps beings who have died leave an imprint on their old haunts,
like an echo of their existence. My grandmother was seen several times
by two of her daughters, in and around her home after her death. I've
only seen my dead dog, walking slowly along our drive in broad daylight.
As she reached her favourite sitting spot, she faded out of view.

At our last home, we once woke in darkness to find the police
searching our garden with lights, radios and dogs. A man's hanged body,
swinging from one of our trees on the road verge, had been reported
twice by unconnected motorists. The first witness was a lone male driver
and the second report came from four elderly ladies travelling together.
All five had passed it close-to, identified the same tree, described the
same clothes and had felt too frightened to stop.It was a very wet cold
night on a narrow road in the middle of a moor, miles from any village,
and the witnesses would have seen any parked vehicle within miles. No
trace or explanation was ever found.

Janet.
Old 02-01-2004, 08:33 PM
Ophelia

"Janet Baraclough .." wrote in
message

At our last home, we once woke in darkness to find the police
searching our garden with lights, radios and dogs. A man's hanged body,
swinging from one of our trees on the road verge, had been reported
twice by unconnected motorists. The first witness was a lone male driver
and the second report came from four elderly ladies travelling together.
All five had passed it close-to, identified the same tree, described the
same clothes and had felt too frightened to stop.It was a very wet cold
night on a narrow road in the middle of a moor, miles from any village,
and the witnesses would have seen any parked vehicle within miles. No
trace or explanation was ever found.

I work on the site of an old mine. Just to make it clear I work in Social
History. My store is on this site and I have often heard whistling going
behind me and my chair being moved backwards sharply.

I have never been afraid and I feel that if this in indeed a ghost There is
no feeling of badness towards me

No one else will work in my store

It is good to hear of your experiences. It helps me to know I am not quite
mad

Ophelia.

Old 02-01-2004, 08:35 PM
Sacha

Janet Baraclough ..2/1/04 5:42
..uk

[...]

These things often manifest on the anniversary of their original happening.
That is what happened to me in the house in France.
In my own old house in Jersey, I heard a woman's voice say "hello!" just
where the original back door was but when I was the only one in the house,
smelled flowers and pipe tobacco and also heard the footsteps down a
corridor - waited for my yelled-for child to appear, no sight of the child
or anything else! Said child was still upstairs, watching telly and hadn't
even heard me call.
Here, I've heard laughter and as in the Jersey house smelled flowers, that
weren't there, in various rooms.
--

Sacha
(remove the 'x' to email me)

Old 02-01-2004, 09:32 PM
Mike

I have never been afraid and I feel that if this in indeed a ghost There

is
no feeling of badness towards me

Raises an interesting question. Your Ghost has no bad feelings against you,
my father (reference in another posting in this thread), or his ghost, has
no bad feelings either.

The question being, does anyone know of any 'harmful ghosts' ??

Mike

Old 02-01-2004, 09:42 PM
Mike

Here, I've heard laughter and as in the Jersey house smelled flowers, that
weren't there, in various rooms.
--

There was a smell of cigarette smoke after my 'fathers' visit!!

Mike

Old 02-01-2004, 10:04 PM
martin

On Fri, 2 Jan 2004 21:39:03 +0000 (UTC), "Mike" wrote:

Here, I've heard laughter and as in the Jersey house smelled flowers, that
weren't there, in various rooms.
--

There was a smell of cigarette smoke after my 'fathers' visit!!

sulphur like?
--
Martin

Old 03-01-2004, 01:05 AM
Rusty Hinge

The message
from "Ophelia" contains these words:

It is good to hear of your experiences. It helps me to know I am not quite
mad

On the Isle of Lewis, on the road between Stornoway and Balallan near
Keose, there's a rock known as Creag a'Bhodach where a ghost of a young
man in eighteenth-century dress was often seen. (Creag - crag, Bodach is
an old man - in this case applied as old-fashioned).

In the 1950s (I think) some peat diggers came across a body under Creag
a'Bhodach, and the police were called because the peat had preserved the
body so well that it looked as if it had been quite freshly interred.
The local Inspector (Inspectre?) was brighter than some, and soon saw
that the body was ancient by the clothes it was wearing, stopped his men
digging and called in a major museum.

The body was taken off to Edinburgh and dated roughly by the clothing
and IIRC, a coin in a pocket.

A noted forensic scientist also examined the body and pronounced that he
had been killed by a blow struck from behind, by a left-handed man of
about six feet two inches.

From this information it was deduced that the body was that of a young
clerk from Stornoway who had gone off in the company of a known person
of that height, who was left-handed. The lad was never seen alive again,
and his companion went to sea and disappeared.

Years later, a ship put into Stornoway in a storm and amongst the crew
was the wanted man, who was recognised and arrested. He was tried for
the murder, convicted and hanged.

After the body was found and identified, it was laid to rest in
consecrated ground (I presume in Stornoway, or his home village), and
the ghost was never seen again.

Old 03-01-2004, 01:24 AM
Rusty Hinge

The message
from "Mike" contains these words:

The question being, does anyone know of any 'harmful ghosts' ??

Yes. I do.