Old 04-01-2004, 02:02 AM
Stephen Howard

Default Sim Garden?

On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 16:47:39 GMT, Rusty Hinge
wrote:

The message
from Stephen Howard contains these words:

..

None that I know of, apart from garden design software....but one has
to wonder whether a gardening sim program might be ( wait for it )..
full of bugs. Ahem.

Oh dear. I'm relieved you didn't make us wait to long for that.

's traditional, innit...

Regards,

http://www.shwoodwind.co.uk

Old 04-01-2004, 04:04 AM
Rusty Hinge1

The message
from Rusty Hinge contains these words:

Oh dear. I'm relieved you didn't make us wait to long for that.

Oh dear - add an extra 'o' please.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old 04-01-2004, 12:04 PM
Synaptic Flow

"Martin Sykes" wrote in message
"Angus Nisbet" wrote in message
.. .
Is there such a thing as a computer game to simulate gardening? Which

of
you remember the computer games 'Sim City' and 'Sim World'?

Sim Garden or anything like it would be good , either internet based or

PC
based? My wife currently doesn't have access to a garden and she is
getting very twitchy about it!

Please help. Thanks.

I can't remember where but someone used to have a small real garden ( a
couple of metres square ) with a robot arm in the middle. You could make

the
arm do the weeding and watering etc. over the internet.

I remember that, interesting people to talk to too it's at......

http://telegarden.aec.at

More usefully, I'd look at something indoors - a terrarium/bottle garden

or
a few window boxes maybe ...

--
Martin & Anna Sykes
( Remove x's when replying )

Old 04-01-2004, 07:45 PM
Janet Baraclough ..

The message
from "Martin Sykes" contains
these words:

"Angus Nisbet" wrote in message
.. .
Is there such a thing as a computer game to simulate
gardening?(snip) My wife currently doesn't have access to a garden
and she is
getting very twitchy about it!

A simulated garden wouldn't do it for me :~} There are lots of other
places to get a fix of real gardening, as a volunteer. I volunteer at a
NT garden and can thoroughly recommend it..all ages and abilities are
welcome, people work within their own capabilities (and interests, to
some extent). I learn a lot from the professional gardeners there and
it's very satisfying to be part of a longterm garden and see the public
enjoying the results.

Janet.
Old 05-01-2004, 09:36 PM
Jeana

Well, The Sims has some gardening in it. Plant flowers, and don't hire a
gardener, or water them yourself, and they die. The Unleashed expansion
pack added vegetables gardens that you need to weed and water, and then
you can harvest them, and save money on your grocery bills.

My daughter is always sending me new downloads to add to the Sims. One
of them was a clover patch. After making a nice little clover lawn, I
discovered there were leprichans living in it. They will sneak in your
house and steal anything they can carry away.

When your yard is snow covered almost any yard will be fun to play in.

Jeana

Old 05-01-2004, 11:11 PM
Salty Thumb

"Angus Nisbet" wrote in
:

Is there such a thing as a computer game to simulate gardening?
Which of you remember the computer games 'Sim City' and 'Sim World'?

Sim Garden or anything like it would be good , either internet based
or PC based? My wife currently doesn't have access to a garden and
she is getting very twitchy about it!

Please help. Thanks.

There was a really cute game from Mediavision (came bundled with sound card
and cd-rom kit) where you could plant and harvest stuff (corn, tomatoes,
flowers, etc). You could also grow topiary bushes and cut them into fun
(preset) shapes. The was also a whack-a-gopher game with it. But unless
your wife is five years old, she probably wouldn't get more than couple
hours of entertainment out of it.

Old 06-01-2004, 01:34 AM
Salty Thumb

Salty Thumb wrote in
:

"Angus Nisbet" wrote in
:

Is there such a thing as a computer game to simulate gardening?
Which of you remember the computer games 'Sim City' and 'Sim World'?

Sim Garden or anything like it would be good , either internet based
or PC based? My wife currently doesn't have access to a garden and
she is getting very twitchy about it!

Please help. Thanks.

There was a really cute game from Mediavision (came bundled with sound
card and cd-rom kit) where you could plant and harvest stuff (corn,
tomatoes, flowers, etc). You could also grow topiary bushes and cut
them into fun (preset) shapes. The was also a whack-a-gopher game
with it. But unless your wife is five years old, she probably
wouldn't get more than couple hours of entertainment out of it.

"Forever Growing Garden" a C-Wave Product, published by MediaVision, circa
1995. Apparently you can still get it for $2-$10.
Old 09-01-2004, 11:02 AM
Bob Hobden

"Janet wrote in message

A simulated garden wouldn't do it for me :~} There are lots of other
places to get a fix of real gardening, as a volunteer. I volunteer at a
NT garden and can thoroughly recommend it..all ages and abilities are
welcome, people work within their own capabilities (and interests, to
some extent). I learn a lot from the professional gardeners there and
it's very satisfying to be part of a longterm garden and see the public
enjoying the results.

And, how about an allotment? Lots around going to waste, you can rent a half
plot normally if a whole one is too big, and flowers seem OK these days
judging by some around here who grow for show.
Contact your local Council, normally Leisure Services Dept, and see what's
available and at what price, then go visit the sites during a weekend to
chat to the gardeners already there.

--
Regards
Bob

Use a useful Screen Saver...
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/
and find intelligent life amongst the stars
358 data units completed.

Garden Door in Door County Wisconsin Garden Door 07 Garden Angel in Watering Can.JPG (1/1) Just Plane Noise Garden Photos 0 31-07-2009 11:01 PM
Garden variety advice. Calling Garden Sages! Cindie Light Texas 0 21-08-2004 06:27 PM
Sim Garden? Angus Nisbet Gardening 13 06-01-2004 01:42 AM
Shepard Iris Garden | Hawthorn Hill Farm -- 2 new garden sites Bobby Baxter Gardening 0 04-05-2003 07:08 PM
New Garden Site & Free Garden Video Bobby Baxter Gardening 1 27-04-2003 01:08 PM