Old 03-01-2004, 03:05 PM
Angus Nisbet

Default Sim Garden?

Is there such a thing as a computer game to simulate gardening? Which of
you remember the computer games 'Sim City' and 'Sim World'?

Sim Garden or anything like it would be good , either internet based or PC
based? My wife currently doesn't have access to a garden and she is
getting very twitchy about it!

Please help. Thanks.

Old 03-01-2004, 03:33 PM
Stephen Howard

On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 14:44:34 -0000, "Angus Nisbet"
wrote:

Is there such a thing as a computer game to simulate gardening? Which of
you remember the computer games 'Sim City' and 'Sim World'?

Sim Garden or anything like it would be good , either internet based or PC
based? My wife currently doesn't have access to a garden and she is
getting very twitchy about it!

Please help. Thanks.

None that I know of, apart from garden design software....but one has
to wonder whether a gardening sim program might be ( wait for it )..
full of bugs. Ahem.

Regards,

www.shwoodwind.co.uk
Old 03-01-2004, 05:36 PM
Martin Sykes

"Angus Nisbet" wrote in message
.. .
Is there such a thing as a computer game to simulate gardening? Which of
you remember the computer games 'Sim City' and 'Sim World'?

Sim Garden or anything like it would be good , either internet based or PC
based? My wife currently doesn't have access to a garden and she is
getting very twitchy about it!

Please help. Thanks.

I can't remember where but someone used to have a small real garden ( a
couple of metres square ) with a robot arm in the middle. You could make the
arm do the weeding and watering etc. over the internet.

More usefully, I'd look at something indoors - a terrarium/bottle garden or
a few window boxes maybe ...

--
Martin & Anna Sykes
( Remove x's when replying )

Old 03-01-2004, 07:43 PM
Warren

Angus Nisbet wrote:
Is there such a thing as a computer game to simulate gardening?

Which of
you remember the computer games 'Sim City' and 'Sim World'?

Sim Garden or anything like it would be good , either internet based

or PC
based? My wife currently doesn't have access to a garden and she is
getting very twitchy about it!

Please help. Thanks.

Well, The Sims has some gardening in it. Plant flowers, and don't hire a
gardener, or water them yourself, and they die. The Unleashed expansion
pack added vegetables gardens that you need to weed and water, and then
you can harvest them, and save money on your grocery bills.

Compared to how someone who "gardens" views a garden, it's pretty
unrealistic, but it comes close to simulating how non-gardeners view
their landscape, and now vegetable gardens.

Hmmm.... I wonder if a Sim game focusing on gardening would be
commercially viable. Gardening isn't exactly rock 'em, sock 'em action,
but those goofy virtual pets had their day in the sun a couple of years
ago.

--
Warren H.

==========
to go outside now.
Blatant Plug: Spend your Amazon gift certificates he
http://www.holzemville.com/mall/associateshop.html

Old 03-01-2004, 11:06 PM
Rusty Hinge

The message
from Stephen Howard contains these words:
wrote:

Is there such a thing as a computer game to simulate gardening? Which of
you remember the computer games 'Sim City' and 'Sim World'?

Sim Garden or anything like it would be good , either internet based or PC
based? My wife currently doesn't have access to a garden and she is
getting very twitchy about it!

Please help. Thanks.

None that I know of, apart from garden design software....but one has
to wonder whether a gardening sim program might be ( wait for it )..
full of bugs. Ahem.

Oh dear. I'm relieved you didn't make us wait to long for that.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

Old 03-01-2004, 11:32 PM
Stephen Howard

On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 16:47:39 GMT, Rusty Hinge
wrote:

The message
from Stephen Howard contains these words:

..

None that I know of, apart from garden design software....but one has
to wonder whether a gardening sim program might be ( wait for it )..
full of bugs. Ahem.

Oh dear. I'm relieved you didn't make us wait to long for that.

's traditional, innit...

Regards,

http://www.shwoodwind.co.uk

Old 04-01-2004, 01:36 AM
Stephen Howard

wrote:

The message
from Stephen Howard contains these words:

..

None that I know of, apart from garden design software....but one has
to wonder whether a gardening sim program might be ( wait for it )..
full of bugs. Ahem.

Oh dear. I'm relieved you didn't make us wait to long for that.

's traditional, innit...

Regards,

http://www.shwoodwind.co.uk

Garden Door in Door County Wisconsin Garden Door 07 Garden Angel in Watering Can.JPG (1/1) Just Plane Noise Garden Photos 0 31-07-2009 11:01 PM
Garden variety advice. Calling Garden Sages! Cindie Light Texas 0 21-08-2004 06:27 PM
Sim Garden? Angus Nisbet Gardening 13 06-01-2004 01:42 AM
Shepard Iris Garden | Hawthorn Hill Farm -- 2 new garden sites Bobby Baxter Gardening 0 04-05-2003 07:08 PM
New Garden Site & Free Garden Video Bobby Baxter Gardening 1 27-04-2003 01:08 PM