Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-01-2004, 07:58 PM
Martin Brown

Default Sooty growth on holly

In message , fumier
writes
Ooops, too much Agent Orange on Sunday nights! I think I used B&Q's
aphid killer. Any serious suggestions, please? "Soot" seems to be
spreading

You can clean the soot off and the honeydew it is growing on with any
simple wetting agent and water. The problem is some waxy plants like
holly and bay that get sooty moulds do not like losing their waxy
coating and will shed their leaves if cleaned too vigorously.

The sooty mould is only cosmetic on the surface it doesn't harm the
plant.

Regards,
--
Martin Brown

sooty mold K Barrett Orchids 4 20-11-2007 03:58 PM
Sooty deposits on Ilex "Silver Milkboy" Richard Burge United Kingdom 11 20-02-2007 06:21 PM
Black sooty deposit on Bottlebrush Tonto_Goldstein Australia 6 12-04-2006 04:57 AM
hebe with an ugly black sooty coating spakker United Kingdom 2 07-05-2005 09:18 AM
Sooty Mould killed Skimmia? Gill Hall United Kingdom 3 08-05-2004 11:08 PM