Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-01-2004, 12:36 PM
simon

Default Shredder recommendations

I am looking for recommendations for a good quality shredder : brand,
suppliers, advice on what spec. It has to be mobile, so I assume that
means a petrol engine.

During the year, I come across an awful lot of hedging material -
mainly privet. In the past, I've burned this material, tried to
compost it (but it takes an awful long time), dumped it at the local
council refuse tip.

I don't mind paying a premium for something that will last and take
some wear and tear. I've done the false economy thing too many times.
I bought a small jetwash last year from a local diy store. I later
discovered the unit was so underpowered it was taking at least three
times as long to clean with the unit. So, I would have saved myself a
lot of grief by spending the extra money on a professional unit in the
first place.

Anyhow, I know nothing about shredders so any help very gratefully
appreciated !

Thanks.