Old 25-01-2004, 11:32 AM
Lee and Kath

Default Layering

Can I successfully layer a privet hedge, and if so, what is the best way of going about it? I have
one or two areas which are a bit thin near the bottom.

Kath
Old 25-01-2004, 12:43 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Lee and Kath wrote:
Can I successfully layer a privet hedge, and if so, what is the best way of going about it? I have
one or two areas which are a bit thin near the bottom.

If you have flexible, low branches, it is worth a go.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 25-01-2004, 01:42 PM
Neil

"Lee and Kath" wrote in message
Can I successfully layer a privet hedge, and if so, what is the best way

of going about it? I have
one or two areas which are a bit thin near the bottom.

Kath

I always peg or weight stems to the ground and cover the contact point with
leaf-mould. You will need to leave it for a few months minimum to get any
results. Cuttings can do the same but less successfully though more can be
used, no real benefits either way.
Neil