Old 29-01-2004, 11:20 AM
Sarah

Default hedera??

can anyone tell me if this is a hedera and if so what type it is? its leaves
and stems are a kind of pinkish colour. I bought it only recently so have no
idea whether it sprouts green stuff in spring. have looked as much as i can
on google and come up with nought.
(photo take just this morning - note snowy background!)

http://www.zen16826.zen.co.uk/garden/hedera_small.JPG

thanks
sarah

Old 29-01-2004, 12:32 PM
Derek Turner

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 10:43:55 -0000, "Sarah" wrote:

can anyone tell me if this is a hedera and if so what type it is? its leaves
and stems are a kind of pinkish colour.

I *think* it's an 'ivy-leaf geranium' (Pelargonium sp.?)
One of my friends has one - I'd never seen them before in pink. It
stays pink, small white flowers.

Old 29-01-2004, 01:37 PM
David Hill

From sunny Swansea .....with no primroses but catkins now opening on hazel.
Have a look at Senecio macroglossus.......

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 29-01-2004, 02:02 PM
Sacha

Sarah29/1/04 10:43

http://www.zen16826.zen.co.uk/garden/hedera_small.JPG

We *think* it's an unhappy Hottuynia. Do a Google image search, typing in
that word and see if you recognise anything.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 29-01-2004, 03:09 PM
Sacha

David Hill29/1/04 1:25

From sunny Swansea .....with no primroses but catkins now opening on hazel.
Have a look at Senecio macroglossus.......

Yes, Ray thinks that's a distinct possibility - more likely, in fact.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 31-01-2004, 12:51 PM
Franz Heymann

"Sarah" wrote in message
.. .
can anyone tell me if this is a hedera and if so what type it is? its

leaves
and stems are a kind of pinkish colour. I bought it only recently so have

no
idea whether it sprouts green stuff in spring. have looked as much as i

can
on google and come up with nought.
(photo take just this morning - note snowy background!)

http://www.zen16826.zen.co.uk/garden/hedera_small.JPG

The illumination is much too weird to enable one to judge what the plant
might be. I have never seen an ivy with a leaf colour anything like that of
those in your picture.

Franz

Old 31-01-2004, 03:11 PM
martin

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 12:31:11 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

"Sarah" wrote in message
. ..
can anyone tell me if this is a hedera and if so what type it is? its

leaves
and stems are a kind of pinkish colour. I bought it only recently so have

no
idea whether it sprouts green stuff in spring. have looked as much as i

can
on google and come up with nought.
(photo take just this morning - note snowy background!)

http://www.zen16826.zen.co.uk/garden/hedera_small.JPG

The illumination is much too weird to enable one to judge what the plant
might be.

In fact the illumination seems to be reflected light from snow.

I have never seen an ivy with a leaf colour anything like that of
those in your picture.

I have, it was dead.
--
Martin

Old 31-01-2004, 08:47 PM
Sarah

"martin" wrote in message
news
The illumination is much too weird to enable one to judge what the plant
might be.

In fact the illumination seems to be reflected light from snow.

I have never seen an ivy with a leaf colour anything like that of
those in your picture.

I have, it was dead.
--
Martin

yep, its not the best pic. our digital camera is a bit broken.
i am beginning to think it might be a bit dead. but am not going to give up
on it yet. i like the colour and have seen ivy's approaching that pinky-red
colour before. but not as completely as this one.

searching on google for "hedera" and "pink" brings up two pages that are
about Hedera 'Pink and Very Curly' which i thought might provide an answer.
Unfortunatley one page is missing the pic and the other (Cotswold Garden
Flowers site) has a picture of normal-ish looking green ivy (why would it be
called pink and curly then)??

i have been looking for Senecio macroglossus too but am yet to find a match.
Which i suppose is going to be impossible if this is dead. But again, i
refuse to give up....

Old 02-02-2004, 07:54 PM
Sally Thompson

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 10:43:55 -0000, "Sarah" wrote:

can anyone tell me if this is a hedera and if so what type it is? its leaves
and stems are a kind of pinkish colour. I bought it only recently so have no
idea whether it sprouts green stuff in spring. have looked as much as i can
on google and come up with nought.
(photo take just this morning - note snowy background!)

You could try going through the catalogue at www.fibrex.co.uk - they
hold the national hedera collection. Their phone number is also on
their site and they are very friendly and helpful.

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
http://www.stonybrook-ludlow.co.uk

hedera?? Sarah United Kingdom 0 29-01-2004 11:03 AM
Saving my Ivy (Hedera Helix) Jonas Voss Gardening 3 18-08-2003 07:12 PM
English ivy - Hedera helix zookeeper Ponds 10 21-05-2003 07:08 PM
Favourite Hedera? Janet Baraclough United Kingdom 3 07-04-2003 03:32 AM
Hedera (ivy) Iris Cohen Plant Science 0 06-03-2003 07:16 PM