Old 10-02-2004, 11:41 PM
Tom Bennett

Default mares tail

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote
big snip
.. In areas where there is gold, significant quantities can be
recovered by cutting horsetails and burning them, and refining the ash.
I can't remember where I read that - or heard it, but I've never been
able to test the intelligence in the forty or more years I've had it in
the back of my mind. Either there is a plethora of horsetail and a lack
of gold in the area, or a fair amount of dispersed gold, but no sign of
horsetails.

See http://www.puralibre.com/html/eng_ho...l.html#History which says:

Horsetail absorbs gold dissolved in water better than most plants, as much
as 4 ounces per ton of fresh stalk".

- Tom Bennett

Old 10-02-2004, 11:42 PM
Thes

Tom Bennett wrote:
"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote
big snip
. In areas where there is gold, significant quantities can be

recovered by cutting horsetails and burning them, and refining the ash.
I can't remember where I read that - or heard it, but I've never been
able to test the intelligence in the forty or more years I've had it in
the back of my mind. Either there is a plethora of horsetail and a lack
of gold in the area, or a fair amount of dispersed gold, but no sign of
horsetails.

See http://www.puralibre.com/html/eng_ho...l.html#History which says:

Horsetail absorbs gold dissolved in water better than most plants, as much
as 4 ounces per ton of fresh stalk".

Eh? Gold is soluble in water?! Here I was thinking it was inert...
That's a new one on me!

Old 10-02-2004, 11:43 PM
Malcolm Ogilvie

In article , Tom Bennett
writes
"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote
big snip
. In areas where there is gold, significant quantities can be
recovered by cutting horsetails and burning them, and refining the ash.
I can't remember where I read that - or heard it, but I've never been
able to test the intelligence in the forty or more years I've had it in
the back of my mind. Either there is a plethora of horsetail and a lack
of gold in the area, or a fair amount of dispersed gold, but no sign of
horsetails.

See http://www.puralibre.com/html/eng_ho...l.html#History which says:

Horsetail absorbs gold dissolved in water better than most plants, as much
as 4 ounces per ton of fresh stalk".

If gold dissolves in water, how come one can pan for it in streams?

--
Malcolm Ogilvie

Old 10-02-2004, 11:43 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Malcolm Ogilvie wrote:

Horsetail absorbs gold dissolved in water better than most plants, as much
as 4 ounces per ton of fresh stalk".

If gold dissolves in water, how come one can pan for it in streams?

I don't know its solubility, but there is about 55 pounds dissolved in
a cubic mile of seawater. Water is close to a universal solvent :-)

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Old 10-02-2004, 11:43 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Tom Bennett" contains these words:

Horsetail absorbs gold dissolved in water better than most plants, as much
as 4 ounces per ton of fresh stalk".

When a ton is rendered to ash it's a *LOT* lighter, and the gold ir
really quite easy to extract - FSVO easy.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old 10-02-2004, 11:43 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Tom Bennett" contains these words:

Horsetail absorbs gold dissolved in water better than most plants, as much
as 4 ounces per ton of fresh stalk".

When a ton is rendered to ash it's a *LOT* lighter, and the gold ir
really quite easy to extract - FSVO easy.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

mares tail [OT] Tom Bennett United Kingdom 2 11-02-2004 04:48 AM
mares tail [OT] Tom Bennett United Kingdom 0 11-02-2004 04:48 AM
mares tail , horse tail David Hill United Kingdom 0 01-02-2004 11:20 PM
Mares tail Ed Gardening 10 25-08-2003 03:32 PM
mares tail hendo2002 United Kingdom 4 26-06-2003 09:44 AM