Old 05-02-2004, 06:46 PM
Mike

Default OT (just) Data protection Act

At least I overlapped my father by three months. He was Blenheim aircrew
and as such, his life expectancy wasn't long. He lived up to
expectations.

Sorry to hear that. Have you done any research into his service, where he
was stationed and if anyone of the Ground Crew are still about? Were there
any survivors?

Mike

Old 05-02-2004, 06:46 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Mike" contains these words:

I had a case of
an American gentleman with an English wife. She was born in November 1942 as
her father was killed in the June of 1942 when a bomb hit his ship in Malta.
I was able to direct her to an Association which covered her father's class
of ship. She came to the UK, met 3 of her father's old shipmates, one of
which was in the same mess and knew him well. She also went to Malta and saw
the dock where the ship was when hit.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

Old 06-02-2004, 03:32 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Mike" contains these words:

At least I overlapped my father by three months. He was Blenheim aircrew
and as such, his life expectancy wasn't long. He lived up to
expectations.

Sorry to hear that. Have you done any research into his service, where he
was stationed and if anyone of the Ground Crew are still about? Were there
any survivors?

Nope. RAF Croydon. Nope.