Old 04-02-2004, 01:34 PM
Derek Turner

Default lesser celandine

Is there an organic way tyo get rid of lesser celandine?
tia
Derek
Old 05-02-2004, 06:34 PM
Neil Jones

"Derek Turner" wrote in message
Is there an organic way tyo get rid of lesser celandine?
tia
Derek

I generally just wait a few weeks and it goes away by itself.

Neil

Old 05-02-2004, 06:39 PM
Janet Baraclough ..

The message
from Derek Turner contains these words:

Is there an organic way tyo get rid of lesser celandine?
tia

Hand forking to below the root depth as soon as the leaves show, then
handpicking every scrap. It works, but takes time and persistence; any
bits you missed will re-grow and require a repeat effort a few weeks
later *before* they start flowering and seeding.

Don't compost the bits :-)

Janet

Old 05-02-2004, 06:47 PM
Kate Morgan

Is there an organic way tyo get rid of lesser celandine?
tia
Derek

I generally just wait a few weeks and it goes away by itself.

Neil

me too, I enjoy it when it is there and as Neil has said it just goes
away :-)
kate

Old 05-02-2004, 06:47 PM
Charlie Pridham

"Derek Turner" wrote in message
Is there an organic way tyo get rid of lesser celandine?
tia
Derek

Sort of! you get a plant label and write Ranunculus fiscaria put next to it
and pretend you like it until May when it goes away by itself :~)

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Old 05-02-2004, 06:47 PM
Janet Baraclough ..

The message
from Kate Morgan contains these words:

Is there an organic way tyo get rid of lesser celandine?
tia
Derek

I generally just wait a few weeks and it goes away by itself.

Neil

me too, I enjoy it when it is there and as Neil has said it just goes
away :-)

In a wild garden, shrubbery or hedgerow, I agree. But I wouldn't want
it in seed beds or rows of cuttings.

Janet.

Old 05-02-2004, 06:48 PM
Derek Turner

On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 16:14:02 GMT, Janet Baraclough ..
wrote:

In a wild garden, shrubbery or hedgerow, I agree. But I wouldn't want
it in seed beds or rows of cuttings.

thank you, Janet, yes it's my 4 veggie plots where I paln to sow this
year's seeds that I'm concerned with. atm it's the only thing growing!
the PSB hasn't stirred into life yet but the Rannunculus seems very
happy :-p

Old 05-02-2004, 06:48 PM
Kay Easton

In article , Charlie
Pridham writes

"Derek Turner" wrote in message
.. .
Is there an organic way tyo get rid of lesser celandine?
tia
Derek

Sort of! you get a plant label and write Ranunculus fiscaria

or even ficaria ;-)

put next to it
and pretend you like it until May when it goes away by itself :~)

Pretend??! I've always loved it, right from a small child. Flowers start
by looking like little yellow tulips, and open into mini-water lilies.
Leaves are finely marbled, and almost as attractive as cyclamen.

Which reminds me - one of the cyclamen I planted about 10 years ago is
now a dense patch of leaves 24 inches across - impressive beasts, aren't
they?
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:

Celandine H Ryder United Kingdom 13 20-03-2006 09:58 PM
Lesser Celandine: friend or foe peterlsutton United Kingdom 9 11-03-2005 05:49 AM
Classification of lesser known genera of orchids Bob Betts Orchids 3 28-02-2004 12:02 PM
Classification of lesser known genera of orchids Bob Betts Orchids 0 26-02-2004 04:39 PM
celandine bulblets for swap Carol Russell United Kingdom 4 23-11-2002 10:27 AM