Old 11-02-2004, 02:25 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Marigold

The message
from Kay Easton contains these words:

(A certain gentleman not unknown to you seems to be very quiet ATM -
what have you done with him? I hope he's OK?)

Who? Amynthas? He's having a bad attack of tidying his workshop. Don't
worry - it's happened before. He'll recover quite quickly.

Ah, an attack of RL - thass a relief. If it's anything like my workshop
I'm surprised he dares to open the door.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old 15-02-2004, 10:45 AM
Ophelia

In article , Ophelia
writes
Does anyone have the name for the marigold I am seeking please. All I

can
find are
doubles like French marigolds. I want the plain daisy type flower a

foot
or two tall.

Ophelia

There's 3 plants that I know go under the name of Marigold

Tagetes species - French and African Marigolds (both of American origin)
Calendula officinalis - Pot Marigold
Chysanthemum segetum - Corn Marigold

Googling reminds me of

Caltha palustris - Marsh Marigold, but you won't be meaning this

and also mentions

Bidens species - Bur Marigold
Mesembryanthemum species - Fig Marigold

Thank you Stewart. The one I want is like a single daisy type flower. The
pot marigold looks about right. What does a Marsh Marigold look like?

Old 19-02-2004, 03:53 PM
Edwin Spector

Ophelia,

did you find some seeds? I happen to have a few left (not yet fallen off last
year's plants). You are welcome to them, if you want.

Cheers

Edwin
Bath.
------------

Old 19-02-2004, 06:29 PM
Edwin Spector

Ophelia wrote:

Does anyone have the name for the marigold I am seeking please. All I can
find are
doubles like French marigolds. I want the plain daisy type flower a foot
or two tall.

Ophelia

Marsh Marigold infestation [email protected] Gardening 2 22-05-2005 03:48 PM
Marsh marigold division Everwyrd Ponds 0 10-04-2004 06:04 AM
Marigold Ophelia United Kingdom 1 08-02-2004 02:47 PM
Processing Marigold (Tagetes) Seed Rene sci.agriculture 0 26-04-2003 12:21 PM
need info on marigold disease Dora Smith Texas 0 04-04-2003 05:56 PM