Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18-02-2004, 05:59 PM
Mike Crossland

Default Vine Weevils

Whilst checking my pots of Sempervivums, I found that quite a few of them
had lost their roots and looked very unhappy indeed. On closer inspection, I
found two white grubs had burrowed into the centre of one rosette, and worse
still, the soil in all four pots was infested with the blighters. This has
annoyed me greatly as I always use fresh, sterilised compost for my
plantings. No doubt the grubs must be the dreaded vine weevil, and I must be
more vigilant. What is the best method of getting rid of them these days?

Mike Crossland

Vine Weevils? WRabbit United Kingdom 22 29-04-2005 07:30 AM
Vine weevils - can they fly? Trevor Appleton United Kingdom 6 18-05-2004 07:26 PM
Vine weevils and garden chafer larvae danread United Kingdom 4 27-10-2003 09:00 AM
vine weevils, again ! Kate Morgan United Kingdom 1 19-10-2002 10:27 AM