Old 18-02-2004, 11:11 PM
Alan Holmes

Default Leeks Again!

Someone said I should freeze leeks to keep them for later.

Can I freeze them fresh out of the soil or do I have to cook them first?

Alan

Old 18-02-2004, 11:11 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Alan Holmes see sig for reply address wrote:

Someone said I should freeze leeks to keep them for later.

Can I freeze them fresh out of the soil or do I have to cook them first?

Dunno. But, if they aren't starting to produce flower stalks, why
not let them be?

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 24-02-2004, 11:44 PM
Emery Davis

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 22:44:25 -0000, "Alan Holmes" said:

]
] Someone said I should freeze leeks to keep them for later.
]
] Can I freeze them fresh out of the soil or do I have to cook them first?
]
] Alan

Late to this thread, but just been through the excersize as the veg patch is
getting prepared for next season.

We clean thoroughly, par boil for 3 minutes then run under very cold water
to preserve the color. Then freeze in bags of 4 or so. Works great for any
soups or oven prep.

-E

] --
] Reply to alan(at)windsor-berks(dot)freeserve(dot)co(dot)uk
]
]
]

--