Old 19-02-2004, 10:12 AM
JennyC

Default Trouble posting to URG (II)

Hi

I am having trouble posting to URG ....

The faithfull News.CIS.DFN.DE seems to have split itself up into
various different bits.

I have registered but have not as yet had a reply. I'm posting this
via google as my other posts don't seem to be getting through.

Anybody else having trouble ?

Jenny
Old 19-02-2004, 10:15 AM
MCC

On 19 Feb 2004 01:47:25 -0800, JennyC wrote:

Hi

I am having trouble posting to URG ....

The faithfull News.CIS.DFN.DE seems to have split itself up into
various different bits.

I have registered but have not as yet had a reply. I'm posting this
via google as my other posts don't seem to be getting through.

Anybody else having trouble ?

Jenny

Where you currently have the news server set to news.cis.dfn.de change
that to news.individual.net and that should sort things out for you. No
need to re-register or anything else.
HTH
--
MCC
Old 19-02-2004, 10:21 AM
JennyC

"MCC" wrote in message
On 19 Feb 2004 01:47:25 -0800, JennyC wrote:

Hi

I am having trouble posting to URG ....

The faithfull News.CIS.DFN.DE seems to have split itself up into
various different bits.

I have registered but have not as yet had a reply. I'm posting this
via google as my other posts don't seem to be getting through.

Anybody else having trouble ?

Jenny

Where you currently have the news server set to news.cis.dfn.de change
that to news.individual.net and that should sort things out for you. No
need to re-register or anything else.
HTH
MCC

Tried it, but it still won't work. I get a pop up screen with my login and
password (both are OK)............
Jenny

Old 19-02-2004, 10:32 AM
martin

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 10:02:22 GMT, "JennyC" wrote:

"MCC" wrote in message
.. .
On 19 Feb 2004 01:47:25 -0800, JennyC wrote:

Hi

I am having trouble posting to URG ....

The faithfull News.CIS.DFN.DE seems to have split itself up into
various different bits.

I have registered but have not as yet had a reply. I'm posting this
via google as my other posts don't seem to be getting through.

Anybody else having trouble ?

Jenny

Where you currently have the news server set to news.cis.dfn.de change
that to news.individual.net and that should sort things out for you. No
need to re-register or anything else.
HTH
MCC

Tried it, but it still won't work. I get a pop up screen with my login and
password (both are OK)............

Changing the news server address to news.individual.net worked for
me.
--

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit;
Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad

Old 19-02-2004, 03:26 PM
Tom Bennett

"JennyC" Tried it, but it still won't work. I get a pop up screen with
my login and
password (both are OK)............
Jenny

I had the same problem, yesterday, Jenny.

Try unsubscribing completely and start again with your old user name and
password. That was the only way I could get it to work.

I was advised to set it up for News.Individual.NET but I don't know if the
capitals make any difference or not.

- Tom.

Old 19-02-2004, 06:16 PM
JennyC

"Tom Bennett" wrote in message
"JennyC" Tried it, but it still won't work. I get a pop up screen with
my login and
password (both are OK)............
Jenny

I had the same problem, yesterday, Jenny.

Try unsubscribing completely and start again with your old user name and
password. That was the only way I could get it to work.

I was advised to set it up for News.Individual.NET but I don't know if the
capitals make any difference or not.

- Tom.

I resubscribed and got a new password - all OK now :~))
Jenny