Old 22-02-2004, 09:13 PM
Len

Default Re DECKING Advice

Re. Decking advice.

Thank you one and all for allowing me to use this Newsgroup.

However we seemed to have got away from the issue.

I was seeking advice on Hardwood v. Redwood not Decking v. alternative.

Would you believe I have just taken procession of a house which has two
wooden sheds -(shudder everyone) - at the bottom of the garden.

The 6 x 8 area between them is soil, quite muddy right now . What to do ?

At the top of the garden we have a large paving patio which is very sad -
covered in algae and uneven. When wet looks sad, when dry looks sad.

Only slippery when wet would you believe.

Robert,

You remind me of someone who attends a debate or discussion but only hears
what supports his particular point and then shouts " Seeeee I told you
sooooooooooooh"

I promise never again to go on the pier at W-s-M. (or to N.Z. Eh? PK).

National Trust also lives dangerously.

Think someone mentioned that the report may have referred to
laminated/wooden floors indoors. Too much polish can also be very slippery
also bananas and marble.

Did you know that margarine is bad for you, so to butter, sugar, too much
s*x makes your eyes go funny and shortens (or is it extends ?) your life by
20 minutes.

Maybe I should stay in bed.

Thanks for your advice but not relevant.

Mike,

Yuk is the most juvenile of words.

So sorry that blue fences and T.V. upset you .

Remind me to give you a call when I next change my car - ref. model and
colour.

Franz.

What should I use in my particular case ?. - to be with it that is ? or
without it ?

Brian Watson.

Many thanks your tip - more positive input than the other old ****s

Kenty:-

Many thanks your input reassuring and love the point about matter of choice

Sorry to have troubled you all- still none the wiser ?

Have a Nice Day

Old 23-02-2004, 10:27 AM
Franz Heymann

"Len" wrote in message
Re. Decking advice.

Thank you one and all for allowing me to use this Newsgroup.
However we seemed to have got away from the issue.
I was seeking advice on Hardwood v. Redwood not Decking v. alternative.

Would you believe I have just taken procession of a house which has two
wooden sheds -(shudder everyone) - at the bottom of the garden.
The 6 x 8 area between them is soil, quite muddy right now . What to do ?

Lay a clinker, gravel or stone path between them and use the remainder as a
bed for gardening in?

At the top of the garden we have a large paving patio which is very sad -
covered in algae and uneven. When wet looks sad, when dry looks sad.
Only slippery when wet would you believe.

The algae are not difficult to remove and it ought not to be impossible to
relay the paving stones. You will end up with something more permanent and
more fitting for a garden than an alfresco dance floor.

[snip]

Franz

Old 24-02-2004, 01:31 AM
kenty ;-\)

Len,
Try not to take it too personally,but I know were you are coming from!
You get a few who are too opinionated & like to tell you what they
dislike,which is of no use whatsoever.By the end of the thread the original
question still hasn't been answered.They should keep there traps shut if
they cannot answer the question.

Example -Decking? A five minute fad and fashion to be linked with blue
fences and TV.
yuk :-(

Mike
Tosser :-)

--
Thanks Keith,U.K.

?

Old 25-02-2004, 08:32 AM
Kay Easton

In article LTs_b.184$6l4.95@newsfe1-win, kenty ;-)
writes
Len,
Try not to take it too personally,but I know were you are coming from!
You get a few who are too opinionated & like to tell you what they
dislike,which is of no use whatsoever.By the end of the thread the original
question still hasn't been answered.They should keep there traps shut if
they cannot answer the question.

Why? I don't know about the rest of the groups this is cross posted to,
but uk.rec.gardening is a discussion group. There's nothing in the
charter to say we *will* answer the question and *nothing but* the
question. If you cross post into urg, you will get discussion. Or not.
Depends how interested the urglers who read the question are.

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:

Re Decking Advice - John Ormiston & Kay Easton. Len United Kingdom 0 27-02-2004 11:22 PM
Decking advice Len United Kingdom 26 25-02-2004 11:16 PM
Re DECKING Advice Len United Kingdom 0 22-02-2004 09:02 PM
Membrane, decking timber etc Dave United Kingdom 0 19-03-2003 01:44 PM
FA: Decking A Practical Step by Step Guide ripper United Kingdom 0 28-01-2003 08:31 PM