Old 14-03-2004, 11:38 PM
Rod

Default O.T. Broadband

On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 15:49:15 -0000, "David Hill"
wrote:

I am thinking of broadband but who to sign up with?

looks like a choice between Virgin, Tiscali or Bulldog
anyone got any comments on these?

Nice to have the choice - we need to get at least another 130 folks
signed up before BT will even think about upgrading our little rural
exchange. The handful of biggish businesses locally are probably on
satellite links so they won't swell the local demand.
Rod

Weed my email address to reply

Old 14-03-2004, 11:38 PM
Sue da Nimm

"David Hill" wrote in message
I am thinking of broadband but who to sign up with?

looks like a choice between Virgin, Tiscali or Bulldog
anyone got any comments on these?

Why are you leaving Freeserve, David?
I know they aren't the cheapest, but I found the conversion to BB a doddle
and I haven't had a single hiccup with any part of the service. Very fast,
very efficient.

Old 15-03-2004, 12:13 AM
Bob Hobden

"Mike" wrote in message after...
"David wrote in message

I am thinking of broadband but who to sign up with?
looks like a choice between Virgin, Tiscali or Bulldog
anyone got any comments on these?

I am with BT and have no probs at all.

I though it must just be me but now there are two of us. :-)

BT :-)) I have had my Direct Debit reduced by BT and had a refund of just
over £200 for overpayment :-))))))))

That sounds interesting Mike, how come?

Sorry to say it, but as far as I am concerned, BT have the edge on all
services. Land Line, Mobile AND computer links :-))

Yep, with you on that, although it did miff me a bit when they sold off BT
Cellnet to O2.

--
Regards
Bob

Use a useful Screen Saver...
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/
and find intelligent life amongst the stars

Old 15-03-2004, 02:48 AM
Dave Liquorice

On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 20:18:54 +0000, John Rouse wrote:

I doubt it, most satellite links are too slow.

Hum, 2Mbps slow? The backup link for the local wireless BB network has
that. Ping times will be high (it's along way up and down to a bird)
so no good for online gaming but a company wants their employees to
work not play games... Cost on the other hand might more of a
problem...

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Old 15-03-2004, 01:33 PM
Mark Allison

David Hill wrote:

I am thinking of broadband but who to sign up with?

looks like a choice between Virgin, Tiscali or Bulldog
anyone got any comments on these?

Post in uk.telecom.broadband for a better response.

I'm using Eclipse www.eclipse.net.uk, please don't touch virgin or
tiscali. www.adslguide.org.uk is the best place to go to compare adsl isps.

--
Mark Allison, SQL Server MVP
Old 15-03-2004, 01:33 PM
Mark Allison

David Hill wrote:

I am thinking of broadband but who to sign up with?

looks like a choice between Virgin, Tiscali or Bulldog
anyone got any comments on these?

Post in uk.telecom.broadband for a better response.

I'm using Eclipse www.eclipse.net.uk, please don't touch virgin or
tiscali. www.adslguide.org.uk is the best place to go to compare adsl isps.

--
Mark Allison, SQL Server MVP

OT Fibre optic broadband Charlie Pridham[_2_] United Kingdom 0 12-02-2011 09:34 AM
OT O2 Broadband Sacha United Kingdom 4 29-01-2008 04:08 PM
O.T. Broadband David Hill United Kingdom 4 14-03-2004 11:37 PM
Broadband Britain Challenge Denise.Whiteside Broadband Britain Challenge Advis Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 18-07-2003 10:15 AM
Broadband Britain Challenge Denise.Whiteside Broadband Britain Challenge Advis Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 01-06-2003 08:08 PM