Old 14-03-2004, 11:37 PM
David Hill

Default O.T. Broadband

I am thinking of broadband but who to sign up with?

looks like a choice between Virgin, Tiscali or Bulldog
anyone got any comments on these?

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 14-03-2004, 11:37 PM
Chris Stewart

"David Hill" wrote in message
I am thinking of broadband but who to sign up with?

looks like a choice between Virgin, Tiscali or Bulldog
anyone got any comments on these?

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries
www.abacus-nurseries.co.uk

I'm with https://www.telecomplus.co.uk/store/internet.taf

Good service, cheap, fast. No long term contract - just £25 per month
unlimited.

Chris S

Old 14-03-2004, 11:37 PM
Broadback

Chris Stewart wrote:
"David Hill" wrote in message

I am thinking of broadband but who to sign up with?

looks like a choice between Virgin, Tiscali or Bulldog
anyone got any comments on these?

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries
www.abacus-nurseries.co.uk

I am with PlusNet, and though I have only been with them a month or so I
am pleased. They have had trouble of recent with Email, now cured, also
with slow access to web pages on their site, also seems fine now.

That may sound negative but they have been very open about the problems,
and my connection has been excellent and constant. They give a reward
system for referrals, but I have not put my "referral address" on as I
don't wish you to think that is why I recommend them.

One thing, most ISP's have package deals, look at these very carefully,
as often it is cheaper providing your own hardware, and you will
probably get a better quality.

Browse
http://www.adslguide.org.uk/
for good advice and help

Cheers
John
--
Do not reply to the email address. As all replies to this address are
deleted on arrival.
Old 14-03-2004, 11:37 PM
Peter Crosland

Anybody but those three! Try PLUS for good service and sensible pricing.

www/plus.net

Old 14-03-2004, 11:37 PM
Mike

"David Hill" wrote in message
I am thinking of broadband but who to sign up with?

looks like a choice between Virgin, Tiscali or Bulldog
anyone got any comments on these?

I am with BT and have no probs at all. Others who have been with Tiscali are
changing to others. I did put Tiscali on my PC as I 'was' going down that
line. :-((

BT :-)) I have had my Direct Debit reduced by BT and had a refund of just
over £200 for overpayment :-))))))))

Sorry to say it, but as far as I am concerned, BT have the edge on all
services. Land Line, Mobile AND computer links :-))

Mike

(of course if you are weak and have me killfiled as some have on this
newsgroup, you will not be getting my advice:-)) Your loss !! :-))

Old 14-03-2004, 11:37 PM
Ian Wolfe

In message
"Chris Stewart" wrote:

"David Hill" wrote in message
I am thinking of broadband but who to sign up with?

looks like a choice between Virgin, Tiscali or Bulldog
anyone got any comments on these?

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries
www.abacus-nurseries.co.uk

I'm with https://www.telecomplus.co.uk/store/internet.taf

Good service, cheap, fast. No long term contract - just £25 per month
unlimited.

Or Freedom to Surf (www.f2s.com) at £22.50 per month, whom I've found
excellent.

--
Ian Wolfe.
Linlithgow. Birthplace of Mary, Queen of Scots.

Old 14-03-2004, 11:37 PM
Ian Wolfe

In message
"Chris Stewart" wrote:

"David Hill" wrote in message
I am thinking of broadband but who to sign up with?

looks like a choice between Virgin, Tiscali or Bulldog
anyone got any comments on these?

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries
www.abacus-nurseries.co.uk

I'm with https://www.telecomplus.co.uk/store/internet.taf

Good service, cheap, fast. No long term contract - just £25 per month
unlimited.

Or Freedom to Surf (www.f2s.com) at £22.50 per month, whom I've found
excellent.

--
Ian Wolfe.
Linlithgow. Birthplace of Mary, Queen of Scots.
Blessed are the peacemakers.

OT Fibre optic broadband Charlie Pridham[_2_] United Kingdom 0 12-02-2011 09:34 AM
OT O2 Broadband Sacha United Kingdom 4 29-01-2008 04:08 PM
O.T. Broadband David Hill United Kingdom 4 14-03-2004 11:37 PM
Broadband Britain Challenge Denise.Whiteside Broadband Britain Challenge Advis Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 18-07-2003 10:15 AM
Broadband Britain Challenge Denise.Whiteside Broadband Britain Challenge Advis Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 01-06-2003 08:08 PM