Old 26-03-2004, 02:54 PM
James Fidell

Default Any smallholders out there?

In article ,
Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:

I notice that you're posting with Agent, which suggests to me that you
may be sensible enough not to be using IE either.

Ahh, no, I'm not posting with Agent at all. I'm not even posting using a
Windows machine, so using IE is definitely out.

James
Old 26-03-2004, 02:54 PM
martin

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 10:30:54 +0000 (UTC), James Fidell
wrote:

In article ,
Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:

I notice that you're posting with Agent, which suggests to me that you
may be sensible enough not to be using IE either.

Ahh, no, I'm not posting with Agent at all.

The headers said you were.

I'm not even posting using a
Windows machine,

You can post using Agent without using a windows machine, via Wine.

Old 26-03-2004, 02:57 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from James Fidell contains these words:

In article ,
Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:

I notice that you're posting with Agent, which suggests to me that you
may be sensible enough not to be using IE either.

Ahh, no, I'm not posting with Agent at all. I'm not even posting using a
Windows machine, so using IE is definitely out.

Oops - sorry - just skimmed down the header and noticed 'User agent.....
and didn't read any further.

When I get a round tuit I shall be joining you in that on my Debian box.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

Old 26-03-2004, 02:57 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from martin contains these words:

Ahh, no, I'm not posting with Agent at all.

The headers said you were.

Er, no. that was my mistake:

I'm not even posting using a
Windows machine,

You can post using Agent without using a windows machine, via Wine.

Or not, as the case may be.....

Old 26-03-2004, 04:18 PM
martin

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 13:49:43 GMT, Jaques d'Alltrades
wrote:

Oops - sorry - just skimmed down the header and noticed 'User agent.....
and didn't read any further.

I did the same too easy :-)

When I get a round tuit I shall be joining you in that on my Debian box.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/3568245.stm

"sit at the back of the court for 30 minutes until lunch" and consider
yourself punished or would you prefer the GBP417 fine?
Old 26-03-2004, 04:20 PM
martin

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 13:53:36 GMT, Jaques d'Alltrades
wrote:

The message
from martin contains these words:

Ahh, no, I'm not posting with Agent at all.

The headers said you were.

Er, no. that was my mistake:

and mine, I tried to cancel this message, but again I was too slow

Mea Culpa...

[mutters can't tell the difference between X-Agent and the real thing
good grief mumble...]
Old 27-03-2004, 12:09 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from martin contains these words:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/3568245.stm

"sit at the back of the court for 30 minutes until lunch" and consider
yourself punished or would you prefer the GBP417 fine?

If he sticks to his statement the magistrate(s) has/have been a lot
wiser than they are being given (dis)credit for.

If you feel like seeing other instances of curing bad behaviour by
rewarding it, a good book to read would be 'That Dreadful School' by
A.S.Neill. Well, it's a good all-round book in many ways other than
that.

I used to teach in a school based on the same ęthos, and run by someone
who had taught in the school (Summerhill) and worshipped the ground
Neill walked on.