Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-04-2004, 09:46 PM
Heather

Default Is this blanket weed?

Having inherited a 20'x 8' pond plus fish with my new house and
knowing next to nothing about pond care, I am wondering about some
weed that has appeared.

I've read all the stuff about how to get rid of blanket weed but am
not sure if this what I've got!

This weed is growing all over the sides and bottom of the pond (the
pond is fibreglass) and looks a bit like an extra-long green shag
pile carpet (that sounds silly, but it does look EXACTLY like that!)
Actually it's not unattractive! It is firmly attached to the sides
although it comes away easily if pulled. It is not spreading across
the pond surface or anything like that.

Does this sound like blanket weed to people or is it something esle?
If the latter then should I remove it? (not an easy job as the pond is
4'deep in the middle and has about 45 fish in it!)

Thanks for your thoughts

Heather

Blanket Weed (long post) David Hickman United Kingdom 3 11-07-2003 09:57 PM
Blanket weed David Williams Ponds (alternative) 8 30-06-2003 07:56 PM
Blanket weed stacey Ponds 2 30-06-2003 12:20 AM
Blanket weed as/is a veggie filter plant Phyllis and Jim Hurley Ponds 2 27-04-2003 03:20 AM
Blanket weed on my baby water lilies eric United Kingdom 2 22-03-2003 07:32 PM