Old 30-04-2004, 12:05 PM
Sacha

Default Having grown your spuds......

.....there are some recipes on the Jersey Royal site which are gorgeous! I'm
sure they work with other spuds, though they're probably not as good. ;-)
http://www.jerseyroyals.co.uk/ (click on recipes)
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 30-04-2004, 12:05 PM
martin

On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 11:40:13 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

....there are some recipes on the Jersey Royal site which are gorgeous! I'm
sure they work with other spuds, though they're probably not as good. ;-)
http://www.jerseyroyals.co.uk/ (click on recipes)

Would you put some in the post Sacha, my Belgian wife would love to
try them :-)
Old 30-04-2004, 12:05 PM
Sacha

martin30/4/04 11:50

wrote:

....there are some recipes on the Jersey Royal site which are gorgeous! I'm
sure they work with other spuds, though they're probably not as good. ;-)
http://www.jerseyroyals.co.uk/ (click on recipes)

Would you put some in the post Sacha, my Belgian wife would love to
try them :-)

I'll happily get you some from our local shop and send them but don't think
I can manage to get them from Jersey to you. ;-) That said, the farmer
I'm waiting to hear from always sends me a box of Royals every year and one
year (after I'd joked about it) included a pack of Jersey butter, too!
But I think I've tracked down Iris's source where you can order direct.
http://www.jerseyroyalpotatopost.com/
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 30-04-2004, 01:03 PM
martin

martin30/4/04 11:50

wrote:

....there are some recipes on the Jersey Royal site which are gorgeous! I'm
sure they work with other spuds, though they're probably not as good. ;-)
http://www.jerseyroyals.co.uk/ (click on recipes)

Would you put some in the post Sacha, my Belgian wife would love to
try them :-)

I'll happily get you some from our local shop and send them but don't think
I can manage to get them from Jersey to you. ;-) That said, the farmer
I'm waiting to hear from always sends me a box of Royals every year and one
year (after I'd joked about it) included a pack of Jersey butter, too!
But I think I've tracked down Iris's source where you can order direct.
http://www.jerseyroyalpotatopost.com/

Thanks Sacha saved for next year.

A friend who lives 1000 metres up in the Alps above Nice has a nice
(Nice?) problem all the seed spuds are sold to and by those at sea
level and all gone by January. There were none left when she looked on
Good Friday. She's ordered some from a French mail order place.
Old 30-04-2004, 02:07 PM
martin

On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 13:27:51 +0200, martin wrote:

On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 11:55:12 +0100, Sacha

martin30/4/04 11:50

wrote:

....there are some recipes on the Jersey Royal site which are gorgeous! I'm
sure they work with other spuds, though they're probably not as good. ;-)
http://www.jerseyroyals.co.uk/ (click on recipes)

Would you put some in the post Sacha, my Belgian wife would love to
try them :-)

I'll happily get you some from our local shop and send them but don't think
I can manage to get them from Jersey to you. ;-) That said, the farmer
I'm waiting to hear from always sends me a box of Royals every year and one
year (after I'd joked about it) included a pack of Jersey butter, too!
But I think I've tracked down Iris's source where you can order direct.
http://www.jerseyroyalpotatopost.com/

Thanks Sacha saved for next year.

Whoops, I thought it was seed potatoes :-)

Old 02-05-2004, 04:13 PM
Brian

While in the Canary Isles I was a little surprised to see that the farmers
always used 'Certified Scottish' for planting~~as of course we do.
They cooked the potatoes in either seawater or dry salt! They were
delicious ~especially the latter.
They also grew a variety that was exceptionally expensive and never larger
than a walnut. Seemed to be about £2 a lb.
Best Wishes Brian
"martin" wrote in message
On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 13:27:51 +0200, martin wrote:

On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 11:55:12 +0100, Sacha

martin30/4/04 11:50

wrote:

....there are some recipes on the Jersey Royal site which are

gorgeous! I'm
sure they work with other spuds, though they're probably not as good.

;-)

Old 02-05-2004, 05:08 PM
martin

On Sun, 2 May 2004 16:07:29 +0100, "Brian"
wrote:

While in the Canary Isles I was a little surprised to see that the farmers
always used 'Certified Scottish' for planting~~as of course we do.

and us, but we do our own imports :-)

They cooked the potatoes in either seawater or dry salt! They were
delicious ~especially the latter.
They also grew a variety that was exceptionally expensive and never larger
than a walnut. Seemed to be about £2 a lb.

We had "real Canary" soup, in Lanzarote. The soup was bright yellow
and tasted of seawater. Of all the places I've been, the food in
Lanzarote was the worst.
Old 02-05-2004, 07:07 PM
Brian

Keep off the soup in tourist resorts. I agree its terrible and goodness only
knows what goes in it. Fish bones in vegetable soup!! Even the genuine
soups are not to our [my] taste. Cabbage and carrots however are very
pleasant and have a totally different flavour to those in the UK.
I have had a house and garden in Tenerife [for winter months] for the
last 15years and am still dubious about their cooking.
Best Wishes Brian