Old 03-05-2004, 01:05 PM
Peter Crosland

Default small pice of land required

Care to name the authority and the dates so you assertions can be checked?

As I expected. No evidence produced because none exists!

Old 03-05-2004, 02:04 PM
Peter Crosland

To quote Mr. Crossland " B*******".

Are you referring to me? I certainly did not use the word. Perhaps you will
retract it. And by the way I can spell my surname correctly which you seem
unable to do.

Peter Crosland

gee six jay en

Replace the words with the numbers to email me

Old 03-05-2004, 02:04 PM
Janet Baraclough..

The message
from "mich" contains these words:

And of course Mr. Crosslands comment to me which was simply "bolocks" -
and I didnt say it to you Janet , I quoted it from him!

Back under your bridge, troll.

Janet

The message
from "mich" contains these words:

"Janet Baraclough.." wrote in
message ...

JB If you lived in a really isolated place, btw, you would never switch
JB off your phone.

M To quote Mr. Crossland " ********". I switch my phone off simply
because I
M want to maintain my isolation and unfortunately , too often the phone is
M working when you dont want it to be.

JB An equally isolated neighbour a mile away might either
JB need urgent help, (fire, accident) or to pass on a warning of "trouble
JB heading your way".

M Again ********.

Old 03-05-2004, 03:09 PM
Janet Baraclough..

The message
from "Peter Crosland" contains these words:

Very well said Sacha. In my experience true countrymen (And women before I
am accused of sexism!) always keep an eye

or ear

open for their neighbours and
their neighbour's animals. To me that is the essence of living in the
country.

Exactly.

Janet.

Old 03-05-2004, 04:11 PM
Sacha

mich3/5/04 1:59

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
mich2/5/04 10:05

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
mich2/5/04 9:42

Oh dear. One can see why.

No, actually, with respect, you dont see why. You only think , you
assume.

If you wish to, explain.

For twenty years I have taken responsibility for and taken care of people
who are hurt.

For much of that time I have been verbally abused , firstly people simply
swore at me - bl**dy, b***** b******* etc. Then came the F word , then
the F word preceeded other words like F w***** F freak of nature, f c*** f
t***** etc. More recently as well as the verbal abuse it got physical ,
pushing ,shoving , throwing things , banging me against walls, but I carried
on because I cared and I thought I had a responsibility then more recently
still the threats came , with knives, punched and kicked and eventually one
too many and I ended up loosing partial sight in one eye.

I gave up then. I got out and moved away from people.
Thats what you dont understand.

No, I was not a tax inspector , a policeman, from the child support
agency, DSS , social worker before you assume again.

Then I understand much better your wish to be alone and I feel sure others
will, too. However, given whatever you did put you in the path of such
abuse, I do hope that you leave yourself in a position where you can get
help fast if you need it and in case any of those you helped get even
nastier. I have absolutely no experience in this field but it occurs to me
that mixing a bit with people who are not as abusive as you describe, would
be pleasant for you, a restorative, if you like - nothing massive or
constant, just the odd cup of tea, pint in the local, chat over a gate,
sort of stuff. My experience of people in this part of Devon is that most
of them are easy-going, unpretentious and very friendly without being pushy.
--

Sacha
(remove the weeds to email me)

Old 03-05-2004, 08:04 PM
Peter Crosland

I gave up then. I got out and moved away from people.
Thats what you dont understand.

Perhaps you should seek some professional counselling?

Old 03-05-2004, 08:04 PM
mich

"Peter Crosland" wrote in message
I gave up then. I got out and moved away from people.
Thats what you dont understand.

Perhaps you should seek some professional counselling?

You do not realise how ironic that statement is!

Old 03-05-2004, 09:05 PM
Peter Crosland

You do not realise how ironic that statement is!

I probably do. It is, perhaps, time to call a halt to this thread and wish
you well. Certainly I hope that you will, in time, become less insular. Good
luck.

Old 03-05-2004, 11:08 PM
Kay Easton

In article , Peter Crosland
writes
Very well said Sacha. In my experience true countrymen (And women before I
am accused of sexism!) always keep an eye open for their neighbours and
their neighbour's animals. To me that is the essence of living in the
country.

It's not confined to the country. Even townies do that.

I think it's something to do with being part of a settled community
rather than being migratory.
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:
Old 03-05-2004, 11:08 PM
Kay Easton

In article , Brian
writes
I had never realised how remote parts of Dartmoor can be. On aircraft maps
it is designated as a dangerous area to over-fly as there would be no
assistance. I've also wondered why the maps call it 'Dartmoor Forest'

ISTR the original meaning of 'forest' was more to do with the king's
hunting ground, rather than trees. In other words, an open area of
ground suitable for hunting (but heaven help you if you did!)

Best Wishes Brian.
"Sacha" wrote in message
.uk...
Peter Crosland3/5/04 7:29

I gave up then. I got out and moved away from people.
Thats what you dont understand.

Perhaps you should seek some professional counselling?

Not everyone is ready or willing to do that. While it's helpful for many,
for some it brings up more than they can deal with at that time. Perhaps,
for Mich, p&q and undemanding neighbours *are* his best form of chicken

soup
for the soul. I just hope he doesn't leave himself vulnerable through
isolation, either physically or emotionally.
IMO, Dartmoor is a very healing place even in its robustness but it can be
*very* lonely. That said, we have various friends living in various parts
who love the moor in all its moods and quirks.
--

Sacha
(remove the weeds to email me)

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:
Old 04-05-2004, 06:04 PM
Gwenhyffar Milgi

On Sat, 1 May 2004 23:40:43 +0100, Jaques d'Alltrades
wrote:

The message
from Gwenhyffar Milgi contains these words:

Yes, they are fantastic at clearing overgrown areas. They are a lovely
pet, but you need to be around as they can get themselves in to trouble if
tethered, or will escape if loose. Climbing ability of my goats was
astonishing, able to balance on something about two inches across. Also
loved climbing onto and wrecking car bodywork, also eat washing and
contents
of ashtrays.

Hmmm, that might just be what we need. We have an area of land,
bordered by 10 ft stone walls, that desperately needs clearing out. It
has brambles, nettles and all sorts there and it's a jungle.

Any idea what kind of goat might be the best for this? We've got foxes
and badgers, I don't know if they would be a threat to them?

Pigs are best. They'll remove *ALL* vegetable matter, including roots,
and they will till the ground and fertilise it.

If the foxes and badgers aren't careful, they'll have them too.

Any kind of pig? I rather like the idea of pigs more than goats. Any
groups/lists devoted to pigs?

"My candle burns at both ends; it will not last the night
but ah my foes and oh my friends -- it gives a lovely light"
Old 04-05-2004, 08:12 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Gwenhyffar Milgi contains these words:

Pigs are best. They'll remove *ALL* vegetable matter, including roots,
and they will till the ground and fertilise it.

If the foxes and badgers aren't careful, they'll have them too.

Any kind of pig? I rather like the idea of pigs more than goats. Any
groups/lists devoted to pigs?

People keep Vietnamese pot-bellied pigs as pets, but otherwise, yes, any
pig will do.

Remember though, that an engaging piglet will grow to an engaging
porker, and an engaging lumbering baconer and require the Maginot Line
to contain it.

You could ask about small varieties in uk.business.agriculture

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/