Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-05-2004, 10:05 PM
Kay Easton

Default Chemicals?? Was ants everywhere

In article , Vicky
writes

I've been busily making my first batch of nettle manure as per the
instructions on the website. It claims there that this can act to deter
pests. Is this actually true? Has anyone succesfully used it like this?
My sweetpeas are already covered in aphids and I only put them out at the
weekend.

I have more trouble with aphids indoors than out! I presume it's because
of bluetits and so on outside. Fuchsias outside are fine, indoors they
really suffer.

Gardening without pesticides is a long slow process - the amount of
damage I get is now a lot less than 5 years ago, but it's not something
where you can expect instant results.
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:

ants,ants, and more ants, AAAARRRRRRGGGG Paul O. Gardening 9 11-08-2008 08:13 PM
ants everywhere Dave Lawns 5 15-05-2004 04:12 PM
Ants everywhere! thoranw Gardening 0 01-05-2003 05:20 PM
Ants, ants and more ants.... Janet Australia 3 05-04-2003 06:36 AM
Ants, ants and more ants.... Janet Australia 5 29-03-2003 03:32 PM