Old 28-05-2004, 11:07 AM
Jamie

Default product ideas

In article , Matzi
writes
This is true. Over taking on inside was part of an offence of dangerous
driving I had to write a report on.
We don't have fast lanes..we have over taking lanes..if your not over
taking..get over to the left : )

In what language do you write these reports?

--
Jamie
Old 28-05-2004, 06:03 PM
Pete White

"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote in message
On Thu, 27 May 2004 17:44:59 +0100, "Pete White"
wrote in message
:

While we're on the subject, can you recommend a decent freeware email
program

For Newsgroups, Gravity and Free Agent are both known to be good. For
email I use PocoMail (which I paid for, but a trivial sum); other
contenders include Eudora and the mail component of Mozilla (which of
course also does news). Others will have more recommendations (count
on it!), I use Agent and PocoMail, both paid for and both worth every
penny IMO.

Before you tell me that MS programs are rubbish (or shite, or wank, or

any
other expression) I'd just like to defend Microsoft on the grounds that

they
make the best games console.

If only they wouldn't pretend to be an enterprise software company and
concentrate on the toys, I think we'd all be a lot happier (apart from
the antivirus firms).

I'll put up with XP, IE6 and OE just because
Halo is fantastic and PGR2 is wonderful.

Opera is better than IE by an order of magnitude, IMO.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

Thanks Guy; as always, you are a star.

Find a New Way Of Life At Marillion.com

Pete W.

Old 28-05-2004, 09:12 PM
Del

"Matzi" wrote in message
How about something attached to car tyres which flash when tyre under
inflated? i visual sign so oyu don't have to get mucky and oily trying to
work thoses difficult tyre check things..they never seem the right way

round
for me..maybe cos i'm left handed?

already available -there is an attachment that replaces the valve cap that
does just that you just need to check it visually try ebay theres usually
one or two about
Derek

---

Old 28-05-2004, 09:15 PM
Del

Please point to the law / section of the Highway Code that outlaws
'undertaking'.

http://www.highwaycode.gov.uk/23.shtml#227

Do not overtake unless you are sure it is safe to do so.
Overtake only on the right. You should
check your mirrors
take time to judge the speeds correctly
make sure that the lane you will be joining is sufficiently clear ahead and
behind
take a quick sideways glance into the blind spot area to verify the position
of a vehicle that may have disappeared from your view in the mirror
remember that traffic may be coming up behind you very quickly. Check your
mirrors carefully. When it is safe to do so, signal in plenty of time, then
move out
ensure you do not cut in on the vehicle you have overtaken
be especially careful at night and in poor visibility when it is harder to
judge speed and distance.
and :- http://www.highwaycode.gov.uk/15.shtml#138

stay in your lane if traffic is moving slowly in queues. If the queue on
your right is moving more slowly than you are, you may pass on the left
hope that covers It
Derek

---

Old 28-05-2004, 09:16 PM
Matzi

lol
not telling....i'll start getting hate email!! ; )

"SteveH" wrote in message
Matzi wrote:

Just as a pint of professional interst..you find you ride/drive diff

when
your in a car to when your on a bike? and if so..how? sorry off post

subject
lol just intersted.

I think I need to know what your 'professional interest' is before I
admit to anything ;-)

To be honest, it all depends on how I feel on the day. I'll quite
happily potter along at 50mph in NSLs with ClassicFM playing, but other
days I'll be just a little more 'enthusiastic'.

I have, however, found that the more I ride my bike, the more I drive
like a biker - if that makes any sense.

I haven't tried to filter in the car yet, but I do find myself
overtaking where most other car drivers haven't spotted the opportunity
- it's all to do with the road positioning, something you get very good
at when you ride a bike.
VW Golf GL Cabrio - Alfa 75 TS - Alfa 155 TS Lusso - COSOC KOTL

Old 28-05-2004, 09:18 PM
Matzi

lol
i've let the monster out....you two..get a room ; ) or start a new thread
hehe
just remember that what you see as great judgement and driving...others may
see as manic and suicidial/homicidal!

"Andy Hewitt" wrote in message
t...
SteveH wrote:

Snipped Text
Well, my car will do 130mph, but it leans the wrong way in the bends ;-)

Well, I'm not going to get into talking about your cars ;-)

I haven't tried to filter in the car yet, but I do find myself
overtaking where most other car drivers haven't spotted the

opportunity
- it's all to do with the road positioning, something you get very

good
at when you ride a bike.

I have filtered the car, quite successfully too, although I did get a
lot of hoots from the other drivers ;-)

Nice. I am tempted to try using the 'bike lane' on the A465 to Hereford,
but that would rely on the person I'm overtaking and the one coming the
other way making a gap for me.

I did mine on the A5 from Redbourn to St. Albans. I just plain forgot I
was in the car, rammed it down a gear, stuck my foot down, and just went
for it. Luckily the road is quite wide there.

I'm not convinced the yokels up there would do that ;-)

Up here all the yokels drive 38 tonners.

--
Andy Hewitt ** FAF#1, (Ex-OSOS#5) - FJ1200 ABS
Honda Concerto 16v: Windows free zone (Mac G5 Dual Processor)

Old 28-05-2004, 10:04 PM
Matzi

"Jamie" wrote in message
In article , Matzi
writes
This is true. Over taking on inside was part of an offence of dangerous
driving I had to write a report on.
We don't have fast lanes..we have over taking lanes..if your not over
taking..get over to the left : )

In what language do you write these reports?

--
Jamie

thats a sarky question i take it! Please don't you start on my spelling and
grammer...I'm dyslexic and as i have to use a spell checker every day at
work i get fed up being slowed down with it at home..so if you can't figure
out what i mean....then maybe you have bigger problems then me. : )

Old 28-05-2004, 10:07 PM
paul

In article , matzi9
@matzi9.karoo.co.uk says...

"Jamie" wrote in message
In article , Matzi
writes
This is true. Over taking on inside was part of an offence of dangerous
driving I had to write a report on.
We don't have fast lanes..we have over taking lanes..if your not over
taking..get over to the left : )

In what language do you write these reports?

--
Jamie

thats a sarky question i take it! Please don't you start on my spelling and
grammer...I'm dyslexic and as i have to use a spell checker every day at
work i get fed up being slowed down with it at home..so if you can't figure
out what i mean....then maybe you have bigger problems then me. : )

dyslexia ruls, k.o.

who the hell named a spelling disorder dyslexia anyway...
--
..paul

If at first you don't succeed...
Skydiving is probably not the sport for you.
Old 28-05-2004, 11:05 PM
Andy Hewitt

Matzi wrote:

lol
i've let the monster out....you two..get a room ; ) or start a new thread
hehe
just remember that what you see as great judgement and driving...others may
see as manic and suicidial/homicidal!

Neither actually.

Not as bad as top posting though.

Old 29-05-2004, 09:06 AM
Matzi

Who wants to scroll down past everything they've already read in order to
search for the new little bit? I nearly always top post, habit and
preference I guess. : )

Old 29-05-2004, 11:21 AM
Matzi

"paul" wrote in message
m...
In article , matzi9
@matzi9.karoo.co.uk says...

"Jamie" wrote in message
[...]

lol I agree....posted below..happy now *grin* ??

Old 29-05-2004, 11:22 AM
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

In article , Matzi
wrote:

Who wants to scroll down past everything they've already read in order to
search for the new little bit? I nearly always top post, habit and
preference I guess. : )

Here's a radical new idea.....

How about trimming to context? Then there would be no scrolling involved for
anyone and you wouldn't be regarded as an antisocial idiot.

** Would you like to learn to post effectively? **
** http://www.allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?How_to_post **

Old 29-05-2004, 12:28 PM
Richard Porter

On 28 May 2004 "Del" wrote:

Please point to the law / section of the Highway Code that outlaws
'undertaking'.

http://www.highwaycode.gov.uk/23.shtml#227

Do not overtake unless you are sure it is safe to do so. ...

The Highway Code doesn't "outlaw" anything - it indicates the law's
requirements with "YOU MUST" or "YOU MUST NOT" in red. The Highway
Code's own rules are written in normal text.

Safety should be your primary consideration. Suppose you are trundling
along at 70 in lane 1 with nothing ahead of you for some distance and
you catch up with a clod doing 65 for mile after mile, there's a stream
of traffic doing 85 nose to tail in lane 3 and the hard shoulder is
clear. It may be a lot safer to overtake on the left than to move over
two lanes, overtake and then get back into lane 1.

If it all goes pearshaped then it's down to you for infringing the
Highway Code but it's not illegal. Of course the clod is also
infringing the HC for not driving in the left hand lane (rule 238).

--
Richard Porter
Mail to username ricp at domain minijem.plus.com
Old 29-05-2004, 02:07 PM
FF

On Thu, 27 May 2004 11:36:35 +0100, "DocDelete"
wrote:

To the original poster: perhaps we need some sort of device that shoots farm
silage from bonnet mounted cannons at anyone on a mobile phone while
driving?

I've always wondered why the sane majority don't toot their horns at drivers with
mobiles.

Liz

re product ideas Chris United Kingdom 0 28-05-2004 07:10 PM
product ideas (just for gardeners) (cross posts deleted) tuin man United Kingdom 1 27-05-2004 09:26 PM
new product(?)electric fencing for raccoon woes K30a Ponds 3 24-02-2003 11:10 PM
new product(?)electric fencing for raccoon woes K30a Ponds 2 24-02-2003 10:29 PM
AD: Versatile product for tightening fences, deer stand guide wires, grape vine trellis', etc - Jak C&C Fencing Supply Lawns 0 06-02-2003 01:35 AM