Old 30-05-2004, 12:18 PM
Chris

Default rotating composter

Thanks for the suggestions about product ideas(sorry about the
crossposting - first time I've posted to a newsgroup). One possible idea is
an improved rotating
composter - those that are availible seem to have limited capacity and only
handle one load at a time - appriciate any thoughts.

Old 30-05-2004, 06:09 PM
Robert

Chris wrote:
: Thanks for the suggestions about product ideas(sorry about the
: crossposting - first time I've posted to a newsgroup). One possible
: idea is an improved rotating
: composter - those that are availible seem to have limited capacity
: and only handle one load at a time - appriciate any thoughts.

There was a piece about this on Gardeners' Question Time today where they
said it wasn't a very good option. You can hear it on the BBC radio 4
website or catch the repeat on Wednesday

Old 31-05-2004, 11:36 AM
Broadback

Robert wrote:

Chris wrote:
: Thanks for the suggestions about product ideas(sorry about the
: crossposting - first time I've posted to a newsgroup). One possible
: idea is an improved rotating
: composter - those that are availible seem to have limited capacity
: and only handle one load at a time - appriciate any thoughts.

There was a piece about this on Gardeners' Question Time today where they
said it wasn't a very good option. You can hear it on the BBC radio 4
website or catch the repeat on Wednesday

However, unless I'm mistaken they experimented last year on Gardeners'
World with various forms of composting and the tumbler was the fastest.

--
Please only reply to Newsgroup as emails
to this address are deleted on arrival.
Old 31-05-2004, 06:18 PM
Pam Moore

On Mon, 31 May 2004 11:04:32 +0100, Broadback
wrote:

There was a piece about this on Gardeners' Question Time today where they
said it wasn't a very good option. You can hear it on the BBC radio 4
website or catch the repeat on Wednesday

I know of one Urgler who used his rotating composter to mix his
potting compost. That right, Charlie?

Pam in Bristol
Old 01-06-2004, 10:28 PM
Richard Roocroft

In message , Broadback
writes
Robert wrote:

Chris wrote:
: Thanks for the suggestions about product ideas(sorry about the
: crossposting - first time I've posted to a newsgroup). One possible
: idea is an improved rotating
: composter - those that are availible seem to have limited capacity
: and only handle one load at a time - appriciate any thoughts.
There was a piece about this on Gardeners' Question Time today where
they
said it wasn't a very good option. You can hear it on the BBC radio 4
website or catch the repeat on Wednesday

However, unless I'm mistaken they experimented last year on Gardeners'
World with various forms of composting and the tumbler was the fastest.

No, you're right - the rotating barrel came out top. Trouble is, as has
been mentioned, the capacity is too small for 'real' gardeners :0)) ,
and at £50, they're too dear.
--
Richard Roocroft