Old 04-07-2004, 08:06 PM
Amber Ormerod

Default tree surgeon

what qualifications am I looking for in a tree surgeon (ie is there a
national thingie they should have?) I found a local company thats in the
arboricultural assoiaction but didn't know what it is.

If not does anyone have anyone in north hamphire (Odiham RG29 ) that they
recommend?

Old 04-07-2004, 08:06 PM
Rod

On Sun, 4 Jul 2004 16:23:17 +0100, "Amber Ormerod"
wrote:

what qualifications am I looking for in a tree surgeon (ie is there a
national thingie they should have?) I found a local company thats in the
arboricultural assoiaction but didn't know what it is.

If not does anyone have anyone in north hamphire (Odiham RG29 ) that they
recommend?

Really word of mouth is the best way of finding a good one, once you
know a good guy, even if he's too busy to do your work, it's a small
tight knit world, they all know one another, and they know who they
can trust - their lives frequently depend on it (they will probably
have worked with them at some time) so they'll be able to pass you on
to somebody else.
If he's in the AA then at least he's a bona fide contractor. You
really need to see some of his work, preferably see him working and
talk to some of his customers. Check he is insured against damaging
your or anybody elses property and against accident or injury to third
parties. Check how he's going to dispose of the cut wood (he has to be
a licenced waste carrier if he's going to take it off your site).
Rod

Weed my address to reply

Old 05-07-2004, 03:07 PM
Amber Ormerod

wrote:

[...]

do I really need to see his work ( bar his web site) I only have 6 or 7
trees in total not a forest!

Old 05-07-2004, 04:03 PM
Just Molly

"Amber Ormerod" wrote in message

do I really need to see his work ( bar his web site) I only have 6 or 7
trees in total not a forest!

Yes cos you might end up with one like I had. Hacked at trees, closed the
road on a busy saturday illegally, telling me to put a rope on my car to
pull it down and leaving the main trunk lying on my verge.The remaining bits
of trunk show a complete bodged job.

Old 05-07-2004, 04:04 PM
Amber Ormerod

"Just Molly" wrote in message

"Amber Ormerod" wrote in message

do I really need to see his work ( bar his web site) I only have 6 or 7
trees in total not a forest!

Yes cos you might end up with one like I had. Hacked at trees, closed the
road on a busy saturday illegally, telling me to put a rope on my car to
pull it down and leaving the main trunk lying on my verge.The remaining

bits
of trunk show a complete bodged job.

kinda making me think that the trees look ok. I was only worried they needed
a check cos of a slight splitting on the trunks bark.

Old 05-07-2004, 07:03 PM
Rod

On Mon, 5 Jul 2004 15:46:25 +0100, "Amber Ormerod"
wrote:

"Just Molly" wrote in message

"Amber Ormerod" wrote in message

do I really need to see his work ( bar his web site) I only have 6 or 7
trees in total not a forest!

Yes cos you might end up with one like I had. Hacked at trees, closed the
road on a busy saturday illegally, telling me to put a rope on my car to
pull it down and leaving the main trunk lying on my verge.The remaining

bits
of trunk show a complete bodged job.

kinda making me think that the trees look ok. I was only worried they needed
a check cos of a slight splitting on the trunks bark.

Can we see a photo/s?
Rod

Weed my address to reply

Old 05-07-2004, 08:03 PM
Rod

wrote:

kinda making me think that the trees look ok. I was only worried they needed
a check cos of a slight splitting on the trunks bark.

You're not far from Merrist Wood College - one of the premier
arboricultural training colleges in England, might be worth asking if
they have anyone who could look at them. They'll certainly know who's
who in the local arboricultural business.
What are the trees? it's quite probable you have nothing at all to
worry about anyway.
Rod

Weed my address to reply

Old 06-07-2004, 12:03 AM
Amber Ormerod

wrote:

"Just Molly" wrote in message

"Amber Ormerod" wrote in message

do I really need to see his work ( bar his web site) I only have 6 or

7
trees in total not a forest!

Yes cos you might end up with one like I had. Hacked at trees, closed

the
road on a busy saturday illegally, telling me to put a rope on my car

pull it down and leaving the main trunk lying on my verge.The remaining

bits
of trunk show a complete bodged job.

kinda making me think that the trees look ok. I was only worried they

needed
a check cos of a slight splitting on the trunks bark.

Can we see a photo/s?
Rod

i will get some pics sorted out.

Old 06-07-2004, 01:06 PM
Dermuid

"Just Molly" wrote in message

"Amber Ormerod" wrote in message

do I really need to see his work ( bar his web site) I only have 6 or 7
trees in total not a forest!

Yes cos you might end up with one like I had. Hacked at trees, closed the
road on a busy saturday illegally, telling me to put a rope on my car to
pull it down and leaving the main trunk lying on my verge.The remaining

bits
of trunk show a complete bodged job.

That is what cheap gets you Molly, remember? ;0)

Old 06-07-2004, 01:06 PM
Dermuid

wrote:

kinda making me think that the trees look ok. I was only worried they

needed
a check cos of a slight splitting on the trunks bark.

You're not far from Merrist Wood College - one of the premier
arboricultural training colleges in England, might be worth asking if
they have anyone who could look at them. They'll certainly know who's
who in the local arboricultural business.
What are the trees? it's quite probable you have nothing at all to
worry about anyway.
Rod

Well there you go, the entire area must be awash with tree surgeons.

Old 07-07-2004, 11:03 PM
Douglas

wrote:

kinda making me think that the trees look ok. I was only worried they

needed
a check cos of a slight splitting on the trunks bark.

You're not far from Merrist Wood College - one of the premier
arboricultural training colleges in England, might be worth asking if
they have anyone who could look at them. They'll certainly know who's
who in the local arboricultural business.
What are the trees? it's quite probable you have nothing at all to
worry about anyway.
Rod

Weed my address to reply

******

Serious warning to all and sundry.
Never take any kind of electric or motorised saw up a ladder to pollard or
do any other work on any tree.
Doug.

******