Old 23-07-2004, 07:55 AM
Justin R.M. Unsworth

Default Landscaping ... Loose Chippings

Hi All,

Not a growing question, but landscaping.

I want to cordon off a section of garden for a shed, (8' x 10'). The area is
only about 12' wide and once the shed is in i want to be able to get round
it but don't want to have to mow any grass that currently fills the area.

Soooo, the idea is to put down some stone chippings, and thenh a few railway
sleepers to base the shed on.

My question is, what is the process to put down the chippings? Ok I take up
the turf in that area, but then do I need to put a membrain down, do i have
to put a base for the chippings?

Currently it has been suggested that I only need to put a base of sand.

Also what thickness would you recommend for the chippings.

Any ideas, websites etc. would be really useful. Thanks.

Re

Justin