Old 28-08-2004, 04:59 PM
Melv

Default New and need some advice

I would like some suggestions and ideas of what can be done to brighten my
garden up. What I would like to do is post a photograph but as this is a non
binary group I could send a picture privately to anyone willing. Some of the
things that need to change are obvious but I really need some experienced
ideas.
Regards
Melv

Old 28-08-2004, 06:10 PM
Saffy

"Melv" wrote in message
I would like some suggestions and ideas of what can be done to brighten my
garden up. What I would like to do is post a photograph but as this is a

non
binary group I could send a picture privately to anyone willing. Some of

the
things that need to change are obvious but I really need some experienced
ideas.
Regards
Melv

If you want to post a picture you should upload it to somewhere and post a
link here. I use photobucket for this purpose. It costs nothing and is
handy for this kind of thing. There are lots of similar things out there
too.
http://photobucket.com

Saffy

Old 28-08-2004, 06:12 PM
Franz Heymann

"Melv" wrote in message
I would like some suggestions and ideas of what can be done to

brighten my
garden up. What I would like to do is post a photograph but as this

is a non
binary group I could send a picture privately to anyone willing.

Some of the
things that need to change are obvious but I really need some

experienced
ideas.

You could post a picture to any of the *.bin newsgroups and draw our
attention to it by giving a link in this newsgroup.

Franz

Old 28-08-2004, 07:57 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Janet Baraclough.. wrote:
The message
from "Melv" contains these words:

I would like some suggestions and ideas of what can be done to brighten my
garden up. What I would like to do is post a photograph but as this is a non
binary group I could send a picture privately to anyone willing. Some of the
things that need to change are obvious but I really need some experienced
ideas.

No offence, but most people are probably too security-conscious to
open email attachments from a usenet stranger. Better to put the pic on
a binary group (or a friend's website) and post here to say where it is.

Do you seriously think that will help? There are as many ways in
through browsers as through mail agents.

While I am not immune from such things, the way I read mail and
browse is pretty secure. Provided that the picture is small (under
1 MB) and in a standard (e.g. not Microsoft) format, I am happy to
be sent it. GIF, PDF, Postscript, HTML etc. are all fine. My Email
address is in the header.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Old 28-08-2004, 10:58 PM
Franz Heymann

"Melv" wrote in message

Tell you what. I'll upload them to my daughters site tomorrow and

then point
you to the url?

That sounds good.

[snip]

Franz

Old 29-08-2004, 10:42 AM
Matthew Durkin

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message
In article ,
Janet Baraclough.. wrote:
[...]

Hi Nick - you probably already know but html links cn contain scripts than
can be malicious. Your AV software might not pick it up as well (depending
on what it's trying to do). Better to stick to jpg ang gif as I don't think
they can contain executable code so are 'safe'
Matt