Old 30-08-2004, 10:38 PM
Jim Webster

Default Whey powder

"Tinkerbell" wrote in message
Rubystars wrote:

"Tinkerbell" wrote in message
snip

And you think craving chocolate means I'm not eating a full and varied
diet? *rolls eyes* Get over yourself.

I think eating a vegan or vegetarian diet is what means you're not

eating a
full and varied diet. Especially vegan.

-Rubystars

What utter rubbish.

by definition it has to be less full and varied than the diet of someone who
can eat everything you can plus meat products etc

Jim Webster

Old 31-08-2004, 10:48 AM
Paul Rooney

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 22:38:34 +0100, "Jim Webster"
wrote:

"Tinkerbell" wrote in message
t...
Rubystars wrote:

"Tinkerbell" wrote in message
snip

And you think craving chocolate means I'm not eating a full and varied
diet? *rolls eyes* Get over yourself.

I think eating a vegan or vegetarian diet is what means you're not

eating a
full and varied diet. Especially vegan.

-Rubystars

What utter rubbish.

by definition it has to be less full and varied than the diet of someone who
can eat everything you can plus meat products etc

Jim Webster

Not necessarily. The meat-eater might live on BigMacs and nothing
else, while the vegan scoffs an enormous variety of veg and fruit.

--

Paul

(Watch this space)
Old 31-08-2004, 12:15 PM
GOOD GOLLY MISS mOLLY

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message
Health wise meat is completely unnecessary. Most meat eaters are
lardarses.

Can you please provide data for this statement? Can you also please tell me
why supplements need to be taken by vegans? I am an omnivore I eat meat
amongst other things, and at 8 1/2 stone I doubt I could be classed as a
'lard arse'.

Old 31-08-2004, 03:01 PM
Jim Webster

Rubystars wrote:

"Tinkerbell" wrote in message
snip

And you think craving chocolate means I'm not eating a full and

varied
diet? *rolls eyes* Get over yourself.

I think eating a vegan or vegetarian diet is what means you're not

eating a
full and varied diet. Especially vegan.

-Rubystars

What utter rubbish.

by definition it has to be less full and varied than the diet of someone

who
can eat everything you can plus meat products etc

Jim Webster

Not necessarily. The meat-eater might live on BigMacs and nothing
else, while the vegan scoffs an enormous variety of veg and fruit.

so what, a vegan could live of rice and beans.
by definition, a diet that excludes major food stuffs has to be more limited
than one that includes these food stuffs. You will get idiots on any diet,

Jim Webster

--

Paul

(Watch this space)

Old 31-08-2004, 05:13 PM
Paul Rooney

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 15:01:42 +0100, "Jim Webster"
wrote:

by definition it has to be less full and varied than the diet of someone

who
can eat everything you can plus meat products etc

Jim Webster

Not necessarily. The meat-eater might live on BigMacs and nothing
else, while the vegan scoffs an enormous variety of veg and fruit.

so what, a vegan could live of rice and beans.
by definition, a diet that excludes major food stuffs has to be more limited
than one that includes t

No, Jim, it doesn't, as I've just illustrated. You can have very
limited omnivorous diets, and you can have very varied vegan diets.
The definition 'omnivore' doesn't give you a clue about the variety of
any given omnivore's diet; nor does the definition 'vegan' give any
indication of variety.
I take it you mean *potentially* more varied, but that's another
matter.

--

Paul

(Watch this space)
Old 31-08-2004, 06:18 PM
Jim Webster

wrote:

[...]

No I mean more varied. If you start talking about notional potential then
you can pretty well pretend anything you like

Jim Webster

--

Paul

(Watch this space)

Old 08-09-2004, 05:17 PM
BAC

"Tinkerbell" wrote in message
Rubystars wrote:

snip

It's human flesh! The greatest taboo in our culture, and you see no

problem
with it!

-Rubystars

No, I don't see any problem with it at all. You eat animals, humans are
animals. Where's the difference? If you're willing to have animals
intentionally killed for your consumption why on earth would you have a
problem eating flesh that is a by-product of an animal that hasn't been
killed? It's not logical.

Good job Mrs Bobbitt didn't feel peckish after harvesting hubby's wiener,
then.

Old 07-03-2005, 04:41 PM
Mike

In Oz they have become aware of the unsolved problem of wind farms
producing output when it can't be used and not producing output when
it is needed, just as the Danes have after both have invested a vast
amount in wind farms. UK next?
--
Martin

"The Tide regularly Ebbs and Flows, twice in every 24 hours". Can someone
please explain to me why tidal power has not been harnessed?

I can predict with 101% accuracy that the same will be happening in 10
years, 50 years, 1000 years time. Where is the doubt?

Mike

Old 07-03-2005, 05:02 PM
Mike

In Oz they have become aware of the unsolved problem of wind farms
producing output when it can't be used and not producing output when
it is needed, just as the Danes have after both have invested a vast
amount in wind farms. UK next?
--
Martin

"The Tide regularly Ebbs and Flows, twice in every 24 hours". Can someone
please explain to me why tidal power has not been harnessed?

I can predict with 101% accuracy that the same will be happening in 10
years, 50 years, 1000 years time. Where is the doubt?

Mike

--
H.M.S.Collingwood Ass. Llandudno 20 - 23 May Trip to Portmeirion
National Service (RAF) Ass. Cosford 24 - 27 June Lanc Bomber Fly Past

Old 07-03-2005, 05:15 PM
Mike

"The Tide regularly Ebbs and Flows, twice in every 24 hours". Can someone
please explain to me why tidal power has not been harnessed?

I can predict with 101% accuracy that the same will be happening in 10
years, 50 years, 1000 years time. Where is the doubt?

Mike

I look forward with great relish, to the 'Keepers', the 'Net Nannies' and
the 'Owners' of this newsgroup proving me wrong on the tidal flow subject
:-)))

Come on Sacha, your the 'cruising queen' having spent some time on the tide,
you are a 'Well' experienced sailor now. Your comments?

:-))

Old 07-03-2005, 06:44 PM
BAC

"Mike" wrote in message

In Oz they have become aware of the unsolved problem of wind farms
producing output when it can't be used and not producing output when
it is needed, just as the Danes have after both have invested a vast
amount in wind farms. UK next?
--
Martin

"The Tide regularly Ebbs and Flows, twice in every 24 hours". Can someone
please explain to me why tidal power has not been harnessed?

Tidal flow has been used to generate electricity on the Rance estuary in
Northern France, I believe. 'Tide mills' were in use on tidal parts of
rivers back in the middle ages, and electrical generating stations would
work on a similar principal but on a much larger scale.

I don't know why no-one has yet built a tidal flow power station in the UK,
but I'd guess cost has something to do with it, plus concerns about the
effects of damming up major rivers on sewage disposal and the ecologies of
the areas which would be changed by the damming.