Old 05-10-2004, 07:22 PM
Trevor Appleton

Default Garden News

Is there a website or e mail address for Garden News (weekly) can't seem to
find it with a search?

Old 06-10-2004, 09:34 AM
Nick Gray

"Trevor Appleton" wrote in message
-service-com...
Is there a website or e mail address for Garden News (weekly) can't seem

find it with a search?

Hi Trevor,

Garden News is an EMAP publication. I don't know of a specific Garden News
website, but their telephone number is 01733 264666 and postal address of:
Garden News, Bretton Court, Bretton, PETERBOROUGH, PE3 8DZ.

EMAP can be found at http://www.emap.com

HTH

Cheers

Nick
http://www.ukgardening.co.uk

Old 06-10-2004, 12:10 PM
Mike Lyle

Nick Gray wrote:
"Trevor Appleton" wrote in
message -service-com...
Is there a website or e mail address for Garden News (weekly)

can't
seem to find it with a search?

Hi Trevor,

Garden News is an EMAP publication. I don't know of a specific

Garden
News website, but their telephone number is 01733 264666 and postal
address of: Garden News, Bretton Court, Bretton, PETERBOROUGH, PE3
8DZ.

EMAP can be found at http://www.emap.com

As far as I know -- I used to be in the business for another firm --
EMAP closed the websites for their magazines a few years ago.

OT, but it's interesting (to some, anyhow!) to note that
Web-evangelists like me rapidly came up against the problem that it's
very hard to make a subscription-free website pay for itself. At one
stage I was on-line editor for about twenty-five daily and weekly
titles, with what seemed a barely adequate team of under twenty
people. The axe descended, and the operation is now combined with
others and run semi-automated from a central location with a fraction
of the staff. My guess is that the field won't open out again, for
readers _or_ journalists, till we have pocketable folding monitors
and the public are weaned onto automatic micro-charging, as for
telephone calls -- I don't think that's far off, but the cost to a
publisher of hanging on till then is serious.

Mike.

Well there's good news and bad news.... Janet Baraclough United Kingdom 32 26-06-2004 11:48 AM
Good news/bad news Mike Patterson Ponds 2 19-05-2004 08:09 PM
Good News-Bad News Bob Adkins Ponds 2 14-09-2003 06:32 PM
Sad news, good news and questions all in one message Boystrup Pb, ann,... Orchids 18 13-06-2003 04:44 PM
There is good news and bad news Essjay001 United Kingdom 0 10-06-2003 02:32 AM