Old 18-10-2004, 09:19 AM
Martin Sykes

"Cereus-longispinus" wrote in message
om...

"Mike" wrote in message
sign of a lack of understanding of the English Language and is the

Alrighty then.

Walk briskly toward the hills, Mike, because you didn't smooch Sacha's
derriere!!!

Actually, that last bit is French. I believe the word you were looking for
was 'posterior'.

;-)

--
Martin & Anna Sykes
( Remove x's when replying )

Old 18-10-2004, 01:37 PM
Cereus-longispinus

What makes you so sure Sacha's posterior isn't French? She certainly is as
arrogant as those snail eaters.

Old 18-10-2004, 11:57 PM
Akond of Swat

"Mike" wrote in message

However, I have never quite experienced a NG like this one.
Twice now I have posted serious questions only to find the 'thread
drift' and abuses beyond belief.

If the charter does have to be pointed out, someone usually does it with
a bit of tact and decorum. Somehow this newsgroup does not have it,

Mike

Concise Oxford Dictionary def of 'decorum'
n.behavour in keeping with good taste and propriety. prescribed behavour:
etiquette. Origin from the L adj :seemly.
Example of decorum, propriety, etiquette as follows :-

OOooooooooo!!
Touched a raw nerve have we?
What are you a Traffic Warden? Special Constable?
Why, why, why do people have to have a 'POWER' jerk?
I suppose you go round checking tax discs and the like!!

Well this is not "abuses beyond belief" this is a perfect example of decorum
and I hope you all follow it. Mike, keep up the good work.

A.O. Swat.

Old 20-10-2004, 11:40 AM
PK

Sacha wrote:

Quite a few, sadly. We've almost lost one ex-professional who is now
a very knowledgeable non-professional; we have lost one who was a
professional garden writer; we have lost some very knowledgeable
amateur gardeners that I can think of and two other very expert
amateurs rarely post now. And to the best of my knowledge all of
those (bar one other professional who has other reasons as well) give
the reasons I have raised before.

You can count me in that list too. I used to read most and reply where i had
anything to add, but now find there is so much off topic dross & crossposted
drivel that i simply cherry pick a very few headings and do not even open
most posts.

pk

Old 20-10-2004, 11:56 AM
Cereus-validus.

Who cares what you do, spammy PP?

You are just another clueless spineless sycophant anyway. If Sacha told you
to jump off a cliff, you'd probably do it, being the obedient lemming you
are.

Most professionals are far too busy with their real jobs in the real world
to bother with a lame little newsgroup that doesn't put any money in their
pockets.

Old 20-10-2004, 12:00 PM
Brian Watson

"PK" wrote in message
Sacha wrote:

Quite a few, sadly. We've almost lost one ex-professional who is now
a very knowledgeable non-professional; we have lost one who was a
professional garden writer; we have lost some very knowledgeable
amateur gardeners that I can think of and two other very expert
amateurs rarely post now. And to the best of my knowledge all of
those (bar one other professional who has other reasons as well) give
the reasons I have raised before.

You can count me in that list too. I used to read most and reply where i

had
anything to add, but now find there is so much off topic dross &

crossposted
drivel that i simply cherry pick a very few headings and do not even open
most posts.

I find a thread soon identifies itself for killing.

The usual paranoid idiots change identities too fast to rely on that as a
reliable means.

--
Brian
Henry Fielding: "All Nature wears one universal grin"

Old 23-10-2004, 06:09 PM
Mike

But...... what? Come on, Mike - are you trying to 'come out' here?

--
Paul {Hamilton Rooney}

Not in any way shape or form, but Demon has caused me a problem by someone
who once admitted that 'he got rid of his wife' (one wonders why)

"Birds of a feather .....?"

I have in fact ended up with not one but TWO apologies from those at Demon
:-)))))

I guess now that people have learned not to cross me :-))

Mike
Married to the same one since 1957 and 4 children who show are remarkable
likeness. Brainy. Good looking, handsome, rich, confident, ......... need I
go on?

(You watch it fly now, just like pigs ;-))

Old 23-10-2004, 06:39 PM
Paul

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 17:09:11 +0000 (UTC), "Mike" wrote:

But...... what? Come on, Mike - are you trying to 'come out' here?

--
Paul {Hamilton Rooney}

Not in any way shape or form, but Demon has caused me a problem by someone
who once admitted that 'he got rid of his wife' (one wonders why)

Do please enlarge - sounds fascinating!

"Birds of a feather .....?"

Not here, Mike - see the FAQ. We are now ecumenical.

I have in fact ended up with not one but TWO apologies from those at Demon
:-)))))

I guess now that people have learned not to cross me :-))

Good man!

Mike
Married to the same one since 1957 and 4 children who show are remarkable
likeness. Brainy. Good looking, handsome, rich, confident, ......... need I
go on?

(You watch it fly now, just like pigs ;-))

Congrats. You appear to be wholly normal. We need your type here to
counteract the demon.local nutters.

PS I withdraw the above if you're a gun freak!

--
Paul {Hamilton Rooney}

Former owner of the newsgroup demon.local

"Chris {Hamilton Hill} will certainly post the appropriate email if required" - J {Hamilton K}
"What sort of proof would you like? I could post the email from Demon's
legal team, complete with headers" - Chris {Hamilton Hill}
Oho!