Old 20-11-2004, 10:27 AM
Andrew

Default My Parsley has frost bite!

I've got a load of fantastic tasting parsley growing in my garden at the
moment.

This morning it looks like the frost has got it, and it has severely wilted
(but is still covered in frost). Is it too late to do much with it?

This is my first time growing herbs, and so far I've been cutting a bit as I
want to use it, to have it fresh. I'd rather continue doing that than dry
it, but do I have an alternative? Could I freeze it and just thaw some out
when I want it?

Cheers

Andrew

Old 20-11-2004, 11:05 AM
Tumbleweed

"Andrew" wrote in message
I've got a load of fantastic tasting parsley growing in my garden at the
moment.

This morning it looks like the frost has got it, and it has severely
wilted
(but is still covered in frost). Is it too late to do much with it?

This is my first time growing herbs, and so far I've been cutting a bit as
want to use it, to have it fresh. I'd rather continue doing that than dry
it, but do I have an alternative? Could I freeze it and just thaw some out
when I want it?

Cheers

Andrew

If its covered with frost its already well on the way to being frozen!
NOthing to be lost by trying.

--
Tumbleweed

Remove my socks for email address

Old 20-11-2004, 02:00 PM
Robert

:
: This morning it looks like the frost has got it, and it has severely
: wilted (but is still covered in frost). Is it too late to do much
: with it?
:
: This is my first time growing herbs, and so far I've been cutting a
: bit as I want to use it, to have it fresh. I'd rather continue doing
: that than dry it, but do I have an alternative? Could I freeze it and
: just thaw some out when I want it?
:
: Cheers
:
: Andrew

Whatever you do, leave it in the ground as the best parsley will come in the
spring when it shoots again before flowering

Old 20-11-2004, 03:09 PM
Pam Moore

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 10:27:11 GMT, "Andrew"
wrote:

I've got a load of fantastic tasting parsley growing in my garden at the
moment.

This morning it looks like the frost has got it, and it has severely wilted
(but is still covered in frost). Is it too late to do much with it?

This is my first time growing herbs, and so far I've been cutting a bit as I
want to use it, to have it fresh. I'd rather continue doing that than dry
it, but do I have an alternative? Could I freeze it and just thaw some out
when I want it?

You may find it will pick up again when the frost is off it.
However, parsley freezes well. Just put the stalks in a poly-bag and
freeze it whole. Once completely frozen it will crumble and be ready
for use.Just pick out the stalks.
It is a good idea to let parsley go to seed in its second year and
with any luck you will have a carpet of fresh parsley free!

Pam in Bristol
Old 20-11-2004, 03:18 PM
Franz Heymann

"Andrew" wrote in message
I've got a load of fantastic tasting parsley growing in my garden at

the
moment.

This morning it looks like the frost has got it, and it has severely

wilted
(but is still covered in frost). Is it too late to do much with it?

This is my first time growing herbs, and so far I've been cutting a

bit as I
want to use it, to have it fresh. I'd rather continue doing that

than dry
it, but do I have an alternative? Could I freeze it and just thaw

some out
when I want it?

To the best of my knowledge, parsley is an annual. (At any rate, it
is usually grown as an annual)

Franz

Old 20-11-2004, 03:23 PM
Franz Heymann

"Andrew" wrote in message
I've got a load of fantastic tasting parsley growing in my garden at

the
moment.

This morning it looks like the frost has got it, and it has severely

wilted
(but is still covered in frost). Is it too late to do much with it?

This is my first time growing herbs, and so far I've been cutting a

bit as I
want to use it, to have it fresh. I'd rather continue doing that

than dry
it, but do I have an alternative? Could I freeze it and just thaw

some out
when I want it?

Oops. In my earlier note I said I thought parsley was grown as an
annual. I spoke too quickly. For annual, read biennial.

Franz

White tail spider bite ulceration and necrotic lesions Paul Valente Australia 8 16-10-2004 07:08 AM
Do dragonflies bite/sting? Charles Ponds 11 11-08-2004 04:09 PM
Curly parsley has turned yellow. Davemar United Kingdom 1 02-07-2004 08:09 AM
over bite tdreeves Ponds 1 13-12-2003 06:13 PM
Bless him he's passed out, nite, nite Bodger, dont let the bedbugs bite. Little Badger United Kingdom 0 23-03-2003 01:08 PM