Old 24-11-2004, 05:55 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
"Jim & Debbie" writes:

| but if Charlie was gonna be there........

It wouldn't be hounds that would be baying after her ....

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 24-11-2004, 07:47 PM
Kay

In article , June Hughes
writes
In message , Kay
writes
In article , Lensman
writes
bigboard wrote :

NUFC_1892 wrote:

Alan Titchmarsh will be doing an autograph signing tonight (Wednesday
24th November 2004) at Debenhams in Guildford, Surrey, England.

I'm forming a posse to drive him out of town. Who's with me?

YEE-HAW! Saddle up '-)

No, no! Keep him in Guildford, I say. That means he won't be in Leeds.

I can't understand why people don't like him,

Irritating mock arguments with co presenters (why do programme makers
today seem to think our attention will flag unless presenters argue with
each other) and general 'I am a harmless idiot' style. And over-
exposure.

although I admit to not
normally watching his programmes. I always thought of him as the Delia
Smith of gardening

Ah, well, I don't like her either.

--
Kay

Old 24-11-2004, 08:46 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from June Hughes contains these words:
In message , Mike
writes

Somebody must. :-)

Some people like Hitler, Maggie Thatcher, Beecham :-((

That's altogether different. Not exactly as docile as AT. Anyway, I
bet none of them were gardeners.

Anyway, wossermatter with Beecham? He was a nice old buffer.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old 24-11-2004, 09:58 PM
June Hughes

In message , Jaques
d'Alltrades writes
The message
from June Hughes contains these words:
In message , Mike
writes

Somebody must. :-)

Some people like Hitler, Maggie Thatcher, Beecham :-((

That's altogether different. Not exactly as docile as AT. Anyway, I
bet none of them were gardeners.

Anyway, wossermatter with Beecham? He was a nice old buffer.

Oh dear! He was tagged on the end. He was indeed a nice old buffer,
although I should think he would have hated being called 'nice'

"There are two golden rules for an orchestra. Start together and finish
together. The public doesn't give a damn what goes on in between." g
--
June Hughes
Old 24-11-2004, 09:59 PM
June Hughes

In message , Martin
writes
On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 17:32:20 +0000, June Hughes
wrote:

In message , Mike
writes

Somebody must. :-)

Some people like Hitler, Maggie Thatcher, Beecham :-((

That's altogether different. Not exactly as docile as AT. Anyway, I
bet none of them were gardeners.

Maggie Thatcher was famous for weeding her vegetables out of the
cabinet.

Not exactly what I had in mind
--
June Hughes

Old 24-11-2004, 10:38 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Martin contains these words:
On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 20:46:28 GMT, Jaques d'Alltrades
wrote:
The message
from June Hughes contains these words:
In message , Mike
writes

Somebody must. :-)

Some people like Hitler, Maggie Thatcher, Beecham :-((

That's altogether different. Not exactly as docile as AT. Anyway, I
bet none of them were gardeners.

Anyway, wossermatter with Beecham? He was a nice old buffer.

Until he was stopped in his tracks.

In 1961. Sadly missed by the Royal Philharmonic innit.

Old 24-11-2004, 11:06 PM
Mike

That's altogether different. Not exactly as docile as AT. Anyway, I
bet none of them were gardeners.

Maggie Thatcher was famous for weeding her vegetables out of the
cabinet.
--
Martin

Thatcher's weedkiller was sprayed about willy nilly and killed many thriving
industries and manufacturing plants. Her weedkiller ruined this country and
she had the nerve to cry when she was kicked out of Downing Street. Pity she
didn't go down like lots of hardworking people did.

Old 24-11-2004, 11:34 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Martin wrote:

Maggie Thatcher was famous for weeding her vegetables out of the
cabinet.

Actually, the converse was true. Anyone who showed the slightest
bit of spine (not necessarily hawthorn, as Howes didn't have much
more than a damson) was weeded out. By the end, there were ONLY
vegetables left - with sticky willy Whitelaw being the only one
that anyone knew the name of even at the time.

A challenge: name another, and position, at the time she finally
got the most ancient Order of the Boot.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 24-11-2004, 11:55 PM
Mike Lyle

Nick Maclaren wrote:
In article ,
Martin wrote:

Maggie Thatcher was famous for weeding her vegetables out of the
cabinet.

Actually, the converse was true. Anyone who showed the slightest
bit of spine (not necessarily hawthorn, as Howes didn't have much
more than a damson) was weeded out. By the end, there were ONLY
vegetables left - with sticky willy Whitelaw being the only one
that anyone knew the name of even at the time.

A challenge: name another, and position, at the time she finally
got the most ancient Order of the Boot.

Major, J: Foreign Secretary? Tebbit, N: Barehanded Ratcatcher in
Ordinary; Howard, M?: Night-Flyer Quite Extraordinary...umm...yep,
otherwise, you're dead right.

Mike.

Old 24-11-2004, 11:58 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from June Hughes contains these words:

"There are two golden rules for an orchestra. Start together and finish
together. The public doesn't give a damn what goes on in between." g

I liked him when he was being sarcastic: soloist clarinet asked for a
note, produces brilliant warble...

"Gentlemen, you may take whichever of those notes you please..." OWTTE

Old 25-11-2004, 12:17 AM
Mike Lyle

Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:
The message
from June Hughes contains these
words:

"There are two golden rules for an orchestra. Start together and
finish together. The public doesn't give a damn what goes on in
between." g

I liked him when he was being sarcastic: soloist clarinet asked for

note, produces brilliant warble...

"Gentlemen, you may take whichever of those notes you please..."

OWTTE

And when he was being grand. One day when he was walking from place
to place the weather got unexpectedly warmer, so he hailed a cab,
gave the driver his (?)fur coat, and said "Follow me about."

Mike.

Old 25-11-2004, 05:00 AM
Franz Heymann

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in
message k...
The message
from June Hughes contains these

words:
In message , Mike

writes

Somebody must. :-)

Some people like Hitler, Maggie Thatcher, Beecham :-((

That's altogether different. Not exactly as docile as AT.

Anyway, I
bet none of them were gardeners.

Anyway, wossermatter with Beecham? He was a nice old buffer.

Which one?
The one who sold the pills?
The one who spent the profit making music?

Franz

Old 25-11-2004, 05:00 AM
Franz Heymann

"Kay" wrote in message

[snip]

I can't understand why people don't like him,

Irritating mock arguments with co presenters (why do programme

makers
today seem to think our attention will flag unless presenters argue

with
each other) and general 'I am a harmless idiot' style. And over-
exposure.

Why blame him? he's only mouthing the script.

Franz

Old 25-11-2004, 07:11 AM
JennyC

"Jim & Debbie" wrote in message
but if Charlie was gonna be there........

What is she doing nowadays?
I never see her on ZTV anymore.
Jenny