Old 06-12-2004, 11:59 AM

Default The Plantsman

I am a member of the RHS and enjoy their monthly "The Garden". I have
been considering taking a sub out for The Plantsman, but before I do I
thought I would ask a few questions to help me decide.

What level of gardener is the Plantsman aimed at? I am an amateur
gardener looking after my average sized suburban garden. I am into
propagation, and considering doing the RHS General.

Is The Plantsman aimed at professional nursery people, and Head
Gardeners, or do they try to broaden it appeal to a widerspectrum of
the gardening community.

Thanks

Phil

Old 06-12-2004, 12:52 PM
Emrys Davies

'Phil.',

According to their site, "The Plantsman (formerly The New Plantsman) is
essential reading for keen gardeners, botanists and horticulturists
everywhere".

http://www.rhs.org.uk/publications/p..._plantsman.asp

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

oups.com...

Old 09-12-2004, 12:47 PM
Green door

Thanks for your responses. I have to admit that I am none the wiser.

The Wisley library has re-opened after its refurb, so I may go down
there. Then if they have back issues of the magazine I will peruse
them and make my own mind up.