Old 06-12-2004, 11:59 AM

Default The Plantsman

I am a member of the RHS and enjoy their monthly "The Garden". I have
been considering taking a sub out for The Plantsman, but before I do I
thought I would ask a few questions to help me decide.

What level of gardener is the Plantsman aimed at? I am an amateur
gardener looking after my average sized suburban garden. I am into
propagation, and considering doing the RHS General.

Is The Plantsman aimed at professional nursery people, and Head
Gardeners, or do they try to broaden it appeal to a widerspectrum of
the gardening community.

Thanks

Phil

Old 06-12-2004, 12:52 PM
Emrys Davies

'Phil.',

According to their site, "The Plantsman (formerly The New Plantsman) is
essential reading for keen gardeners, botanists and horticulturists
everywhere".

http://www.rhs.org.uk/publications/p..._plantsman.asp

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

oups.com...

Old 06-12-2004, 01:16 PM
Janet Tweedy

In article , Martin
writes

We haven't had the RHS Event supplement in the last couple of issues
of Garden. Has RHS discontinued this?

I'm sure I had one in mine Martin.

janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 06-12-2004, 02:54 PM
Green door

RHS Event supplement

My wife suspects that we don't get it anymore because we are
living outside the UK.

That reason makes sense. No point in teasing the expats with the
details of events that they cannot attend.

Always get them in mine, it is normally in the centre of the mag and
attached via the bottom staple.

Old 07-12-2004, 07:40 PM
p00kie

"Martin" wrote in message
On 6 Dec 2004 06:54:28 -0800, "Green door"
wrote:

RHS Event supplement

My wife suspects that we don't get it anymore because we are
living outside the UK.

That reason makes sense. No point in teasing the expats with the
details of events that they cannot attend.

ah but we need it to plan our trips to UK.

It's cheaper and quicker to get from here to SE England, than it is
for somebody starting from up north.

Always get them in mine, it is normally in the centre of the mag and
attached via the bottom staple.

I know it's not the same, but would this be of help:
http://www.rhs.org.uk/rhseventfinder/eventfinder.asp
Regards

Old 09-12-2004, 12:47 PM
Green door

Thanks for your responses. I have to admit that I am none the wiser.

The Wisley library has re-opened after its refurb, so I may go down
there. Then if they have back issues of the magazine I will peruse
them and make my own mind up.