Old 11-12-2004, 06:04 PM
Peter Stockdale

"Bella" wrote in message
Thanks for all your replies. Tiscali, my ISP, doesn't appear to include
alt.binaries.pictures.gardens in its list of available newsgroups, nor am
able to find or download news.usenetzone.com. Therefore as suggested,
perhaps I should try posting pictures on MSN or Yahoo.

Bella
---

Yes - you should find Yahoo fairly easy to handle.
I posted this one there yesterday.
Our canalside border : -

http://us.f3.yahoofs.com/users/41a0e...uozuBBtHoXMnP1

Regards
Pete

Old 11-12-2004, 07:52 PM
Mike Lyle

Peter Stockdale wrote:
[...]
Yes - you should find Yahoo fairly easy to handle.
I posted this one there yesterday.
Our canalside border : -

http://us.f3.yahoofs.com/users/41a0e...uozuBBtHoXMnP1

To me it says:

Not Found
The requested URL was not found on this server.

Mike.

Old 12-12-2004, 11:06 AM
JennyC

"Peter Stockdale" wrote in message

"Bella" wrote in message
Hi,

Is there a newsgroup which would allow me to post a plant picture as an
attachment? I don't have the know-how to set up my own web page or Blog.

Thank you,
Bella

Ah, but if you post to another group, we here would not have the pleasure of
seeing your piccy here !
Why not set up a MSN group (or similar) -post the piccy to that and let us
know the url.

Regards Pete

Thats a good idea Pete, but thats exactly what the original poster does not know
how to do!
Jenny

Old 12-12-2004, 03:06 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Bella" contains these words:

Thanks for all your replies. Tiscali, my ISP, doesn't appear to include
alt.binaries.pictures.gardens in its list of available newsgroups, nor am I
able to find or download news.usenetzone.com. Therefore as suggested,
perhaps I should try posting pictures on MSN or Yahoo.

Bella
---
Phil L" replied in a message.
snip
upon closer inspection, it seems you are with tiscali? - they use
newsindividual.net, abpg should be in your newsgroup list

Do I detect a bit of an echo...?

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old 21-07-2007, 11:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Newsgroup question

"Susan" wrote in message
On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 18:52:47 -0000, "Bella"
wrote:

Hi,

Is there a newsgroup which would allow me to post a plant picture as an
attachment? I don't have the know-how to set up my own web page or Blog.

Thank you,
Bella

alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

There are a lot of Americans but it's none the worse for that.

Mary

Old 21-07-2007, 02:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
OG OG is offline

wrote:

Hi,

Is there a newsgroup which would allow me to post a plant picture as an
attachment? I don't have the know-how to set up my own web page or Blog.

Thank you,
Bella

I don't suppose Bella is still waiting for an answer - see the OP posting
date

But in response - Flickr and Picasaweb are both easy to sign up for and post
pictures to.

Old 21-07-2007, 06:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

Hi,

Is there a newsgroup which would allow me to post a plant picture as an
attachment? I don't have the know-how to set up my own web page or Blog.

Thank you,
Bella

I don't suppose Bella is still waiting for an answer - see the OP posting
date

I don't need to look at it again!

But in response - Flickr and Picasaweb are both easy to sign up for and
post pictures to.

Yes but that's not what Susan asked for - she specified a newsgroup which
allowed attachments.

Mary

Old 21-07-2007, 06:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 21/7/07 18:20, in article
, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

wrote:

Hi,

Is there a newsgroup which would allow me to post a plant picture as an
attachment? I don't have the know-how to set up my own web page or Blog.

Thank you,
Bella

I don't suppose Bella is still waiting for an answer - see the OP posting
date

I don't need to look at it again!

But in response - Flickr and Picasaweb are both easy to sign up for and
post pictures to.

Yes but that's not what Susan asked for - she specified a newsgroup which
allowed attachments.

She asked for it in 2004, hence the remark that she's probably not still
hanging around. V. strange.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 21-07-2007, 07:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jul 21, 6:28 pm, Sacha wrote:
On 21/7/07 18:20, in article
, "Mary Fisher"

wrote:

"OG" wrote in message

. ..
wrote:

Hi,

Is there a newsgroup which would allow me to post a plant picture as an
attachment? I don't have the know-how to set up my own web page or Blog.

Thank you,
Bella

I don't suppose Bella is still waiting for an answer - see the OP posting
date

I don't need to look at it again!

But in response - Flickr and Picasaweb are both easy to sign up for and
post pictures to.

Yes but that's not what Susan asked for - she specified a newsgroup which
allowed attachments.

She asked for it in 2004, hence the remark that she's probably not still
hanging around. V. strange.

Very astute of you M'Lady, did you go to Detective School?

Judith

Old 21-07-2007, 08:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jul 21, 6:28 pm, Sacha wrote:
On 21/7/07 18:20, in article
, "Mary Fisher"

wrote:

"OG" wrote in message

. ..
wrote:

[...]

Please do not let us start another bickering!

Old 21-07-2007, 09:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jul 21, 8:29 pm, "Alan Holmes" wrote:
" wrote in message

ups.com...

On Jul 21, 6:28 pm, Sacha wrote:
On 21/7/07 18:20, in article
, "Mary Fisher"

wrote:

"OG" wrote in message

. ..
wrote:

[...]

Please do not let us start another bickering!- Hide quoted text -

What? me I don't bicker with Sacha, she's my friend.

Judith

Old 21-07-2007, 10:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
OG OG is offline

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
et...

wrote:

Hi,

Is there a newsgroup which would allow me to post a plant picture as an
attachment? I don't have the know-how to set up my own web page or
Blog.

Thank you,
Bella

I don't suppose Bella is still waiting for an answer - see the OP posting
date

I don't need to look at it again!

But in response - Flickr and Picasaweb are both easy to sign up for and
post pictures to.

Yes but that's not what Susan asked for - she specified a newsgroup which
allowed attachments.

Indeed, but I'm willing to bet sixpence to a shilling that she's more
interested in posting a picture 'somewhere', rather than specifically on a
newsgroup. Particularly since she's given 2 alternatives that she can't use
because of lack of 'know-how'.

Old 21-07-2007, 10:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jul 21, 10:57 pm, Sacha wrote:

Me and Bergerac. ;-) Wish I could claim special powers but ...

I was on a flight back from Guernsey many years ago and John Nettles
and the woman who played his girlfriend sat opposite me, I wonder why
they were filming in Guernsey?

Judith

Old 21-07-2007, 10:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 21/7/07 20:29, in article , "Alan
Holmes" wrote:

" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jul 21, 6:28 pm, Sacha wrote:
On 21/7/07 18:20, in article
, "Mary Fisher"

wrote:

wrote:

[...]

What ARE you talking about, Alan? We're joking, joshing but certainly not
bickering!