Old 26-12-2004, 11:02 PM
abraham

Default old trees

I have some very large trees 100 foot on the street in front of my house,
now although I like trees they are a pest each year by having too many
leaves. the problems are as follows

1, block out light
2, make my car sticky
3, make a good roosting platform for pidgeons mucking the pavement.

All I want to do is to stop the leaves growing back instead of killing the
tree. As the tree is tarmaced right up to trhe trunk, I think it gets all
its water from my garden so I have dug a hole in my garden about 6 foot from
the trunk and I want to pour poison in it to feed into the roots. Somebody
suggested salt but Im not sure.

What is the best time of year to poison
Whats best to use for poisoning

Abraham

Old 26-12-2004, 11:05 PM
ex WGS Hamm

"abraham" wrote in message
. uk...

I have some very large trees 100 foot on the street in front of my house,
now although I like trees they are a pest each year by having too many
leaves. the problems are as follows

1, block out light
2, make my car sticky
3, make a good roosting platform for pidgeons mucking the pavement.

All I want to do is to stop the leaves growing back instead of killing the
tree. As the tree is tarmaced right up to trhe trunk, I think it gets all
its water from my garden so I have dug a hole in my garden about 6 foot

from
the trunk and I want to pour poison in it to feed into the roots.

Somebody
suggested salt but Im not sure.

What is the best time of year to poison
Whats best to use for poisoning

So, you want to poison the tree but not kill it? Stop it producing leaves
yet stillhave it live even though it has no leaves and cannot feed itself
and will die? How will stopping the leave, stop the pigeons from perching on
the branches?
Once you have poisoned and killed the trees, make sure your insurance is up
to date for when branches fall off and kill or injure people and for when
the trees topple over and fall onto your house.
Opps, you don't have a house do you? Trolls live underneath bridges.

Old 26-12-2004, 11:15 PM
Phil L

ex WGS Hamm wrote:
:: "abraham" wrote in message
:: . uk...
Trolls live
:: underneath bridges.

And send paypal scams to their subscribed newsgroups.

own doorstep - shit

Old 26-12-2004, 11:37 PM
Tumbleweed

. uk...

LOL. Are you a troll or a ****?

--
Tumbleweed

tumbleweednews at hotmail dot com

Old 27-12-2004, 12:21 AM
abraham

ok, poisoning is a bit harsh but i still need to stop the sticky stuff
covering my car and windowz, you have 10 days to give me a reasonable
answer or Ill kill It for sure. ( only kidding)

Just out of Interest, if one wanted to poison the tree on the cheap what
would be the besty method one would employ.

Abraham

"Tumbleweed" wrote in message

. uk...

Old 27-12-2004, 07:13 AM
Franz Heymann

"abraham" wrote in message
. uk...

I have some very large trees 100 foot on the street in front of my

house,
now although I like trees they are a pest each year by having too

many
leaves. the problems are as follows

1, block out light

That would allow you to get some good daylight snoozing hours in.

2, make my car sticky

Car washes are not all that expensive, and washing a car is good
exercise.

3, make a good roosting platform for pidgeons mucking the pavement.

Spit is much worse on pavements than bird droppings.

All I want to do is to stop the leaves growing back instead of

killing the
tree. As the tree is tarmaced right up to trhe trunk, I think it

gets all
its water from my garden so I have dug a hole in my garden about 6

foot from
the trunk and I want to pour poison in it to feed into the roots.

Somebody
suggested salt but Im not sure.

If you really want it to be efficacious, I would recommend that it
should be about 3 feet in diameter and around 3 feet deep. And keep
it quite open until the tree is dead.

What is the best time of year to poison
Whats best to use for poisoning

Why not ask somebody in the gardening/landscaping department of your
local council? They should be able to answer those questions.

Alternatively, why don't you move instead? You should be able to get
a good price for your house with what sounds like lovely trees with
active bird life around.

Please let me have the telephone number of your local council so that,
just in case you forget, I can let them know when you have done the
poisoning. They appreciate being kept informed about tree poisoning
activities.

Franz

Old 27-12-2004, 08:47 AM
Martin Brown

abraham wrote:

ok, poisoning is a bit harsh but i still need to stop the sticky stuff
covering my car and windowz, you have 10 days to give me a reasonable
answer or Ill kill It for sure. ( only kidding)

Just out of Interest, if one wanted to poison the tree on the cheap what
would be the besty method one would employ.

Freshly extracted troll blood.

Regards,
Martin Brown
Old 27-12-2004, 09:29 AM
mich

"abraham" wrote in message
news
ok, poisoning is a bit harsh but i still need to stop the sticky stuff
covering my car and windowz, you have 10 days to give me a reasonable
answer or Ill kill It for sure. ( only kidding)

Just out of Interest, if one wanted to poison the tree on the cheap what
would be the besty method one would employ.

Abraham

Firstly, I would suggest whether there is a tree preservation order on them
( as they are old!).
Secondly you may need just to lop them back. Again you will need planning
permission.
Thirdly, are they actually yours ( in your garden etc.). You may not be able
to do anything at all except live with them or move.

Old 27-12-2004, 06:18 PM
Rod

On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 23:02:34 GMT, "abraham"
wrote:

What is the best time of year to poison
Whats best to use for poisoning

You don't need poison, just cut a ring of bark out all round the tree,
it's quicker and more environment friendly than weeedkiller - wouldn't
want to damage the environment would you? But do tell your local
authority tree officer what you're planning to do, they're usually
quite sympathetic and helpful to folks who have problems with trees on
or near their property.

Rod

Weed my email address to reply.
Old 27-12-2004, 09:49 PM
p00kie

"abraham" wrote in message
. uk...

I have some very large trees 100 foot on the street in front of my house,
now although I like trees they are a pest each year by having too many
leaves. the problems are as follows

1, block out light
2, make my car sticky
3, make a good roosting platform for pidgeons mucking the pavement.

All I want to do is to stop the leaves growing back instead of killing the
tree. As the tree is tarmaced right up to trhe trunk, I think it gets all
its water from my garden so I have dug a hole in my garden about 6 foot
from the trunk and I want to pour poison in it to feed into the roots.
Somebody suggested salt but Im not sure.

What is the best time of year to poison
Whats best to use for poisoning

Abraham

Criminal damage springs to mind if these trees are not on your property and
have a TPO on them!
Suggest you get a car cover or sell-up and get a place with a garage!

--
p00kie

Old 27-12-2004, 09:57 PM
John

I would ask the dept of envoironment, I am sure they will come round and
take a look at it for you. I here they have a lot of technical equipment and
will be able to take some quite accurate soil samples away and provide you
with a report very quickly, if you let them know what it is you wish to do.

Good luck.

John

Old 27-12-2004, 10:11 PM
abraham

Thanks for all the negative and childish attitude on this group.

Rod, I dont understand your statement "more environment friendly than
weeedkiller - wouldn't want to damage the environment would you"
I hear this statement all the time but nobody seems to understang what It
means, I think people repeat It to try and be a bit trendy.

Tell me what exactly what would be damaged In the environment and why its
such a big deal. are you one of the fools who are tricked into putting your
refuse in seperate bins ( whats that all about.

try to answer the questions with sensibly or you will have failed to convert
me and you will be just as bad as me.....

Abraham

Old 28-12-2004, 03:42 PM
ex WGS Hamm

"Phil L" wrote in message
k...
ex WGS Hamm wrote:
:: "abraham" wrote in message
:: . uk...
Trolls live
:: underneath bridges.

And send paypal scams to their subscribed newsgroups.

own doorstep - shit

Excuse me? *I* didn't send the paypal scam. Matt did. I was simply annoying
him by hijacking it. It worked too cos he has stopped doing it.

Old 28-12-2004, 03:46 PM
ex WGS Hamm

"abraham" wrote in message
Thanks for all the negative and childish attitude on this group.

Rod, I dont understand your statement "more environment friendly than
weeedkiller - wouldn't want to damage the environment would you"
I hear this statement all the time but nobody seems to understang what It
means, I think people repeat It to try and be a bit trendy.

Tell me what exactly what would be damaged In the environment and why its
such a big deal. are you one of the fools who are tricked into putting

your
refuse in seperate bins ( whats that all about.

try to answer the questions with sensibly or you will have failed to

convert
me and you will be just as bad as me.....

Abraham

Hey Abe mate, I suggest you get yourself the book entitled 'trolling for
dummies'. Your attempt was immature and inecperienced. Several people saw
through you right away. To be a successful troll you should have a ring of
credability about your posts and be able to string people along for ages.
Marks out of 10 for your sad attempt? Only 2 I'm afraid and that only
because you were quite literate.

Old 28-12-2004, 04:02 PM
Phil L

ex WGS Hamm wrote:
:: "Phil L" wrote in message
:: k...
::: ex WGS Hamm wrote:
::::: "abraham" wrote in message
::::: . uk...
::: Trolls live
::::: underneath bridges.
:::
::: And send paypal scams to their subscribed newsgroups.
:::
::: own doorstep - shit
:::
:::
:: Excuse me? *I* didn't send the paypal scam. Matt did. I was
:: simply annoying him by hijacking it. It worked too cos he has
:: stopped doing it.

He has stopped doing it not because you decided to join in, but because he
has been reported and is facing losing his account and plod are knocking on
his door, a fate you risk suffering yourself by adding your name to the
recipients list in your 'jape'...if you had stated it was a joke you may
have got away with it too.

old pond, old pump Charlie Brown Ponds (alternative) 1 04-08-2006 08:19 PM
[IBC] For old, Old, OLD members ;-) Bill Neff Bonsai 3 18-05-2005 04:28 AM
[IBC] For old, Old, OLD members ;-) Jim Lewis Bonsai 1 17-05-2005 09:14 PM
Old Trees and old news P van Rijckevorsel Plant Science 0 17-12-2003 04:04 PM
Planting a 3 week old tank and propagating a 2 year old sword rhizome McCord Tech Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 12-09-2003 10:22 AM