Old 20-11-2002, 11:23 AM
sacha

Default Home again!

Just a line to say that we're home again and that the trip was wonderful.
If anyone is visiting LA, a visit to the Getty Museum and Garden and the
Huntington Gardens are absolutely 'must-do'. And if visiting Hawaii, the
Allerton Gardens on Kaua'i and the helicopter tour are essentials!
As we'd expect, the vegetation in Kaua'i is just stunning - we saw lots of
plants that were familiar but somewhat larger than we'd see them here (!)
and plenty that were totally new to us, too. It's a real feast for the
gardener and then there's the sun, the sea, the sand, the Mai Tais......ah
well! ;-)
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 20-11-2002, 12:22 PM
Anne Jackson

The message
from sacha contains these words:

It's a real feast for the
gardener and then there's the sun, the sea, the sand, the Mai Tais......ah
well! ;-)

....and now it's back to auld claes and porridge, as we say up here!

Glad you enjoyed it, but you must tell us more, please?

--
Anne

ICQ #:- 119531282

Old 20-11-2002, 04:41 PM
cormaic

'Twas Wed, 20 Nov 2002 11:23:25 +0000, when sacha
enriched all our lives with these worthy
thoughts:

It's a real feast for the
gardener and then there's the sun, the sea, the sand, the Mai Tais......ah
well! ;-)

You're wasting your time. I'm not jealous. Not the slightest
bit. Not at all! ;~)

--
cormaic URG faqs/webring - www.tmac.clara.co.uk/urgring/
Culcheth Garden - www.tmac.clara.co.uk/garden/

cormaic CAN BE FOUND AT borlochshall.co.uk
Old 20-11-2002, 06:43 PM
sacha

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

From: cormaic
Newsgroups: uk.rec.gardening
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 16:41:03 +0000
Subject: Home again!

'Twas Wed, 20 Nov 2002 11:23:25 +0000, when sacha
enriched all our lives with these worthy
thoughts:

It's a real feast for the
gardener and then there's the sun, the sea, the sand, the Mai Tais......ah
well! ;-)

You're wasting your time. I'm not jealous. Not the slightest
bit. Not at all! ;~)

Damn. Waste of time going then. ;-))

Old 20-11-2002, 08:45 PM
Carol Russell

"sacha" wrote in message

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

From: cormaic
Newsgroups: uk.rec.gardening
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 16:41:03 +0000

'Twas Wed, 20 Nov 2002 11:23:25 +0000, when sacha
enriched all our lives with these worthy
thoughts:

It's a real feast for the
gardener and then there's the sun, the sea, the sand, the Mai

Tais......ah
well! ;-)

You're wasting your time. I'm not jealous. Not the slightest
bit. Not at all! ;~)

Damn. Waste of time going then. ;-))

So you haven't seen it all if you've been to Eden then!!

Arthur

Old 21-11-2002, 11:15 PM
Michael Berridge

sacha wrote in message ...

WOT?! No special medal for returning to share it with you? ;-))
I must say, there are moments when I wonder why everyone doesn't move

California or Hawaii and then I remember earthquakes..........we felt a
couple of tremors and statisticians say they're overdue for a biggie.

Hey we get earthquakes here you know. Don't have to go thousands of
miles for them.

Seriously though glad you had a good time, I went to Crete, well it's
hot and sunny, but not as exotic, and I reckon Raki will kill most other
drinks, as well as the drinkers.

Mike
www.british-naturism.org.uk

Old 22-11-2002, 10:27 PM
Judith Lea

In article , sacha
writes
why everyone doesn't move to
California or Hawaii and then I remember earthquakes..........we felt a
couple of tremors and statisticians say they're overdue for a biggie.

Edward and I were in Italy 20 miles from the awful heartbreak of the
school coming down. I can honestly say I have never seen my husband
panic before like this but when the hotel room heaved, doors flew open,
wardrobe doors opened and my husband uttered a word I have never
heard him say in all our years of marriage. I went onto the balcony and
was promptly hauled in by the scruff of my collar as he had noticed that
the rail had broken away. It was a shocking experience, even more
shocking when we were overrun by journalists and camera crew from all
over the World - they were everywhere. Needless to say we did not go
near the actual site we moved further down the coast towards Bari but
even then we felt the aftershock. Horrible experience for us and God
help all those who lost their children.

On a more cheerful note Welcome back Sacha, I missed you.
--
Judith Lea
Old 26-11-2002, 07:06 PM
Vera Gade

Sacha. do you happen to have Karen's current address. Can't come through

by the e-mail to anybody.
Worried Vera

--
VERA GADE NORRKOPING
VERA @GADE.SE
Old 26-11-2002, 08:24 PM
Vera Gade

In article , cormaic
wrote:

'Twas Thu, 21 Nov 2002 18:01:11 +0000, when sacha
enriched all our lives with these worthy
thoughts:

WOT?! No special medal for returning to share it with you? ;-))
I must say, there are moments when I wonder why everyone doesn't move to
California or Hawaii and then I remember earthquakes..........we felt a
couple of tremors and statisticians say they're overdue for a biggie.

Wot? Even bigger than the recent earth convulsions beneath
Manchester??

--
cormaic URG faqs/webring - www.tmac.clara.co.uk/urgring/
Culcheth Garden - www.tmac.clara.co.uk/garden/
Warrington Paving - www.pavingexpert.com/
Peoples' Republic of South Lancashire

cormaic CAN BE FOUND AT borlochshall.co.uk

Perhaps you, Cormaic, knows Karen's recent hospital-address?
Can't get through with my E-mail to UK for the time being.
Yours Vera

--
VERA GADE NORRKOPING
VERA @GADE.SE
Old 27-11-2002, 07:57 AM
JennyC

"Vera Gade" wrote

Sacha. do you happen to have Karen's current address. Can't come

through
by the e-mail to anybody.
Worried Vera

Hi Vera,
If you have Karen's surname you can look up her address etc via one of
the following:

http://www.infobel.com/teldir/teldir...e=/eng/euro/uk

https://www.bt.com/directory-enquiri...ub=find_number
&obsPage=/at_home.jsp&vStore=1120&obsOID=-19293&obsType=LINK&obsNoSee=
true

http://www.ukphonebook.com/

HTH Jenny