Old 26-01-2005, 08:02 PM
JennyC

"ex WGS Hamm" wrote
"Janet Baraclough" wrote
Kay contains these words:

ex WGS Hamm writes

I think I must be the
only gardener on the planet who likes moles and doesn't have a problem

with molehills.

I don't have a problem with molehills, but that's because I don't have
moles.

Me neither. I love moles. And raccoons.
Janet

I think I'll open a mole santuary. Send me your unwanted moles.

Right, here are my moles:
http://us.bestgraph.com/gifs/taupes-1.html
http://www.kidsgames.org/mole/mole.html

Jenny :~))

Old 27-01-2005, 02:43 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Janet Baraclough writes:

| No I won't. Arran is a totally mole-free zone. Nyah nyah. :-)
|
| Heh heh heh, this could be arranged.......
|
| Think midges, and think again :-)

Do you mean that the midges would eat the moles, or what?

Anyway, I thought that the midges were only a problem when the
downpour stops and the howling gale lets up, and both happen
together so rarely as to be not worth worrying about :-)

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 28-01-2005, 04:26 PM
Pete

Many thanks for all your suggestions.

I'll try the windmills and sonic repellants before trying some of the
more esoteric stuff !!

Thanks again
Pete
Old 29-01-2005, 06:53 AM
Gary

On 1/22/05 4:06 AM, in article ,
"Pete" wrote:

Hi

I've recently moved to a more rural location which is very pleasant,
but I do have a problem with moles digging holes all over the garden.

I'm aware that there are sonic mole deterrents, but have no idea if
they work - has anyone any experience of these, or any other (humane)
suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Pete

English Scissors...? It is a mole 'trap'. Never used one but have heard
about it. I have also heard of 'wind mills', coke bottles with top up (the
wind noise chases them away...?) Moth balls, car exhaust and on it goes
etc. etc.
I have managed to eliminate a few-not exactly humanely. One I almost
drowned...I actually heard it digging through the grass and stuck a hose in
the tunnel...and waited with my shovel to knock it on the head. I could hear
it coughing and clamoring for air...I expected it to emerge full tilt out of
the ground. Nope...just the nose appeared! A very small nose.
That was a few years ago and now when a hill appears I just remove the hill
with a shovel and spread the soil over a wide area on my lawn in a 'heave
ho' style. A bucket of water will level the soil.
If you live in a rural area you can remove one today and have another one
move in...sooner or later. But the interesting thing that I have noticed is
that they do move on. So for several years you may not be bothered...well,
that was what I have experienced!
How and where does one put a 'trap' should one want to? That is the
question. Or you ignore them and give the appearing hill the old heave ho.
That would be the humane way...live and let live.
Gary