Old 29-01-2005, 04:20 PM
Richard Brooks

rwakeford wrote:
On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 00:52:12 -0000, Richard Brooks wrote:

Didn't Victor Borge try it ?

Highly likely. He did some crazy things.

Just lay face down on the piano!

Ouch, just thinking of the angle of your arms and wrists!

At least he got to say "oops, nearly forgot my keys" then taking the
keyboard part with him, got a laugh!

Nowadays with the post MTV2 generation, there would be derision.

Richard.

Old 29-01-2005, 07:58 PM
rwakeford

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 16:20:04 -0000, Richard Brooks wrote:

At least he got to say "oops, nearly forgot my keys" then taking the
keyboard part with him, got a laugh!

Never saw him do that, shame. I loved his whacky sense of humour.
--
Richard 29/01/2005 20:58:15
Old 30-01-2005, 01:26 AM
Richard Brooks

rwakeford wrote:
On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 16:20:04 -0000, Richard Brooks wrote:

At least he got to say "oops, nearly forgot my keys" then taking the
keyboard part with him, got a laugh!

Never saw him do that, shame. I loved his whacky sense of humour.

I did a Google search on 'Victor Borge DVD' and found many listings.

http://au.store.yahoo.com/readersdigest/750527.html

It could be a good addition to the DVD collection.

Richard.

Old 30-01-2005, 03:59 AM
rwakeford

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 01:26:14 -0000, Richard Brooks wrote:

I did a Google search on 'Victor Borge DVD' and found many listings.

http://au.store.yahoo.com/readersdigest/750527.html

It could be a good addition to the DVD collection.

The trouble is that all the DVDs are zone 1 and my player won't accept
those but they are all duplicated on VHS so I think I agree, that one
looks good so I'm going to send for the tape version. Silly 'cos
normally the first thing I do is Google but just didn't think of doing
that in this case. Thanks.
--
Richard 30/01/2005 04:58:03

Old 30-01-2005, 11:58 AM
Janet Tweedy

In article , Sacha
writes

I'm interested in this. I'm left handed for writing, dealing cards, sewing
and archery (on the rare occasions I attempt the last two) but right handed
for much else,

Funnily enough I always wonder why it's my left hand that gets dirty in
the garden, but my right always stays relatively clean. I never have
understood that one, though I am very right handed usually.

Janet

--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 30-01-2005, 01:35 PM
rwakeford

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 11:58:31 +0000, Janet Tweedy wrote:

Funnily enough I always wonder why it's my left hand that gets dirty in
the garden, but my right always stays relatively clean.

Probably because you hold whatever tool you are using in your right
hand. It's my right hand that always gets dirty (I'm left handed)
--
Richard 30/01/2005 14:34:02
Old 30-01-2005, 10:13 PM
Richard Brooks

rwakeford wrote:
On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 01:26:14 -0000, Richard Brooks wrote:

I did a Google search on 'Victor Borge DVD' and found many listings.

http://au.store.yahoo.com/readersdigest/750527.html

It could be a good addition to the DVD collection.

The trouble is that all the DVDs are zone 1 and my player won't accept
those but they are all duplicated on VHS so I think I agree, that one
looks good so I'm going to send for the tape version. Silly 'cos
normally the first thing I do is Google but just didn't think of doing
that in this case. Thanks.

Damn! Sorry, I didn't notice the zone thing.

I'm a bit sad as I like to hear the director's comments. The trouble is, it
might turn out to be my nightmare/dream in that the narrative sounds just
like two people chatting in a cinema i.e., "hey, this is the funny bit where
he..." just before you see it happen. I'd just love to hear something (just
the once) that sounds like a couple of the Father Ted series narratives that
started to drift some way before the listener realises that they're just
chatting about people they know.

The Robert Rodrigues extras in Once Upon A Time In Mexico is the way to go.
He's added a couple of 'ten minute' things such as how to make the meal that
was shown in the film and IIRC how to make a film.

I assume the Victor Borge DVD might show something about his vineyard ?

Richard.

Old 31-01-2005, 10:54 AM
rwakeford

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 22:13:49 -0000, Richard Brooks wrote:

I assume the Victor Borge DVD might show something about his vineyard ?

Didn't know anything at all about his personal life. I'm going to have
to find a workaround if I want to buy any of the videos because they
only deliver in the UK and, as I'm now permanently resident in France,
I'll have to get one of my fakily to be a go between!
--
Richard 31/01/2005 11:52:52
Old 01-02-2005, 08:17 PM
Richard Brooks

rwakeford wrote:
On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 22:13:49 -0000, Richard Brooks wrote:

I assume the Victor Borge DVD might show something about his
vineyard ?

Didn't know anything at all about his personal life. I'm going to have
to find a workaround if I want to buy any of the videos because they
only deliver in the UK and, as I'm now permanently resident in France,
I'll have to get one of my fakily to be a go between!

Switch enigma coding button to offline!

Richard.

Old 02-02-2005, 01:29 AM
rwakeford

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 20:17:25 -0000, Richard Brooks wrote:

Switch enigma coding button to offline!

Wozzat?!

Anyway, whatever it is when it's at home, it's not going to change the
fact that I live in France so they won't send to a French address.
--
Richard 02/02/2005 02:27:58
Old 02-02-2005, 08:15 PM
Richard Brooks

rwakeford wrote:
On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 20:17:25 -0000, Richard Brooks wrote:

Switch enigma coding button to offline!

Wozzat?!

Email to me directly but never mind! ;-)

Anyway, whatever it is when it's at home, it's not going to change the
fact that I live in France so they won't send to a French address.

I have a sister who has property in Plounever, somewhere outside the UK.
She's in the UK right now (in Oxford and I'll see her tomorrow) but she has
a return trip to do later, to fix up the place.

Richard.

Old 02-02-2005, 09:06 PM
rwakeford

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 20:15:00 -0000, Richard Brooks wrote:

She's in the UK right now (in Oxford and I'll see her tomorrow) but she has
a return trip to do later, to fix up the place.

You mean I could get it sent to her and she could send it to me?
Actually I could do that with one of my family, in fact I already have
with something else that couldn't be sent from the makers in the UK so
thanks for the reminder.
--
Richard 02/02/2005 22:05:27
Old 03-02-2005, 10:13 AM
Richard Brooks

rwakeford wrote:
On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 20:15:00 -0000, Richard Brooks wrote:

She's in the UK right now (in Oxford and I'll see her tomorrow) but
she has a return trip to do later, to fix up the place.

You mean I could get it sent to her and she could send it to me?
Actually I could do that with one of my family, in fact I already have
with something else that couldn't be sent from the makers in the UK so
thanks for the reminder.

She's looking for a medium sized van as she needs windows and frames made
for her place in France, for instance, so if you need something driven over
that might be an option.

Richard.

Old 03-02-2005, 10:45 PM
rwakeford

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 10:13:45 -0000, Richard Brooks wrote:

She's looking for a medium sized van as she needs windows and frames made
for her place in France,

Well tell her to watch out because Kenning, Hertz and Avis won't let you
drive vans to france, only cars. I ended up getting mine from a firm
called SIXT. A lot more expensive but the only way to do it. Mind you,
if its only an escort van or something of that size, that probably
constitutes a car.

for instance, so if you need something driven over that might be an
option.

Very kind of you but, with dear old Victor anyway, I'll just get one of
my family to post it over. Can't find Plounever on the French map so,
when you said somehwere outside the UK, you really meant anywhere! :-)

--
Richard 03/02/2005 23:39:35