Old 14-12-2002, 11:05 AM
Howard Neil

Default Trug Dependancy: Update

On that note, where might I find a trug (traditional or plastic) to
purchase? I want a large size one for carrying stuff round the garden -
with my terracing etc.. it will be easier than a wheelbarrow.

TIA

Sarah

Try http://www.faulks.co.uk/ They advertise trugs made out of recycled
tyres. I do not know prices, though.

Regards

Howard Neil

Old 25-12-2002, 09:35 AM
MG

On Wed, 11 Dec 2002 10:25:35 +0000, Victoria Clare
wrote:

Alan Gould wrote in
news
Subject: Trug Dependancy: Update
From: Alan Gould
Newsgroups: uk.rec.gardening

In article , DaveDay34
writes
I'm sorry to have to broadcast my ignorance to so many, but what is
'trug'?

A trug is a wicker basket for carrying fruit.

... and secateurs, spare gardening gloves, and bedding plants.

And keeping BEER from rolling into the Mighty Bonfire.

And transporting small weeds from the greenhouse, and storing twine and
garden wire, and nested flowerpots.

And transporting just enough potatoes for lunch, and mint, and rosemary.

And for the cat to sit in when he thinks I'm not looking.

and I put my excess apples for the birds to come and eat in my plastic
Trug. They love the idea the apples can be given a good peck and not
roll all over the place!

MG
Old 26-12-2002, 11:51 AM
Alan Gabriel

"MG" wrote in message
On Wed, 11 Dec 2002 10:25:35 +0000, Victoria Clare
wrote:

Alan Gould wrote in
news
From: Alan Gould
Newsgroups: uk.rec.gardening

In article , DaveDay34
writes
I'm sorry to have to broadcast my ignorance to so many, but what is
'trug'?

A trug is a wicker basket for carrying fruit.

... and secateurs, spare gardening gloves, and bedding plants.

And keeping BEER from rolling into the Mighty Bonfire.

And transporting small weeds from the greenhouse, and storing twine and
garden wire, and nested flowerpots.

And transporting just enough potatoes for lunch, and mint, and rosemary.

And for the cat to sit in when he thinks I'm not looking.

and I put my excess apples for the birds to come and eat in my plastic
Trug. They love the idea the apples can be given a good peck and not
roll all over the place!

My wife bought me a trug for Christmas. I`ve used it for carrying presents,
bottles of wine, cans of beer, even a change of clothes to the bathroom. I
feel it has become a part of me.

Is there a self help group, a sort of Truglodytes Anon, for people with trug
dependancy????

--
Regards,
Alan.

Preserve wildlife - Pickle a SQUIRREL to reply.

Old 26-12-2002, 05:26 PM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from "Alan Gabriel" contains
these words:

My wife bought me a trug for Christmas. I`ve used it for carrying presents,
bottles of wine, cans of beer, even a change of clothes to the bathroom. I
feel it has become a part of me.

Is there a self help group, a sort of Truglodytes Anon, for people with trug
dependancy????

Just put the cold turkey in your trug, and lock yourself in the shed
until it's finished.

Janet.
Old 27-12-2002, 07:56 PM
Sarah Dale

On Thu, 26 Dec 2002 17:26:24 +0000, Janet Baraclough wrote:

Is there a self help group, a sort of Truglodytes Anon, for people with trug
dependancy????

Just put the cold turkey in your trug, and lock yourself in the shed
until it's finished.

I've just got my first 'trug' - one of the modern flexible more pot shaped
ones with handles (oddly its sold as a trug....). I'd better watch out for
this addition - but I think i'm losing already!!

Sarah

Old 27-12-2002, 09:53 PM
Martin Sykes

Is there a self help group, a sort of Truglodytes Anon, for people with
trug
dependancy????

Should that be Truglophile? Wouldn't a Truglodyte be someone who lives in a
trug? Maybe your obsession has gone that far? :-)

Martin

Old 28-12-2002, 05:58 AM
Alan Gould

In article , Sarah
Dale writes

I've just got my first 'trug' - one of the modern flexible more pot shaped
ones with handles (oddly its sold as a trug....). I'd better watch out for
this addition - but I think i'm losing already!!

We have a trug, or more correctly in this case a basket, made from
galvanised wire. We use it mainly for carrying logs from our log store
to the Rayburn. Over Xmas it has been busy keeping the open fire in our
big lounge supplied.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.
Old 04-08-2005, 07:42 AM
Registered User

TRUG DEPENDENCE:
A trug is a wooden vessel for carrying. A Sussex Trug has a sweet chestnut frame and willow boards, made in Herstmonceux, Sussex for hundreds of years. I make them. Very strong and light, will last for many years of gardening abuse. www.truggery.co.uk. How can you garden without one?

LG Update: Birds of America (was Alexis Bledel update) Rob Jensen Ponds 0 26-12-2007 12:03 AM
mini update John Rutz Ponds 3 04-06-2003 02:56 AM
Update on yellow lemon tree leaves John Savage Australia 7 05-04-2003 06:36 AM
OrchidSafari Update K Barrett Orchids 0 01-02-2003 04:57 AM
Tiny Heather update jammer Gardening 1 26-01-2003 04:03 AM