Old 08-02-2005, 07:12 PM
Mike

Default Garening Classes

Working Class
Lower Middle Class
Middle Class
Upper Middle Class
Professional Class

Define the gardening requirements/thoughts behind each of these classes and
state the make up of the soil structure/growing capabilities they
experience.

Mike

--
H.M.S.Collingwood Ass. Llandudno 20 - 23 May Trip to Portmeirion
National Service (RAF) Ass. Cosford 24 - 27 June Lanc Bomber Fly Past

Old 08-02-2005, 07:25 PM
Mike

Old 08-02-2005, 10:47 PM
jane

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 19:12:14 +0000 (UTC), "Mike" wrote:

~Working Class
~Lower Middle Class
~Middle Class
~Upper Middle Class
~Professional Class
~
~Define the gardening requirements/thoughts behind each of these classes and
~state the make up of the soil structure/growing capabilities they
~experience.

who was it who said (roughly) "however small one's garden, one should
always put aside half an acre or so for woodland"?

That would do nicely for upper classes

--
jane

Mark Twain

Old 08-02-2005, 11:48 PM
Stephen Howard

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 19:12:14 +0000 (UTC), "Mike" wrote:

Working Class
Lower Middle Class
Middle Class
Upper Middle Class
Professional Class

Define the gardening requirements/thoughts behind each of these classes and
state the make up of the soil structure/growing capabilities they
experience.

No. Get off my land.

Regards,

www.shwoodwind.co.uk
Old 09-02-2005, 12:44 AM
Tom

"Stephen Howard" wrote in message
Working Class
Lower Middle Class
Middle Class
Upper Middle Class
Professional Class

Define the gardening requirements/thoughts behind each of these classes

and
state the make up of the soil structure/growing capabilities they
experience.

No. Get off my land.

No, "Bugger Orf", as was said to me by a wellington-booted, oilskin-jacketed
chap carrying a shotgun.

Old 09-02-2005, 01:18 PM
Janet Tweedy

In article , jane
writes

who was it who said (roughly) "however small one's garden, one should
always put aside half an acre or so for woodland"?

Think it was either C E Lucas-Phillips or Vita SW
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 09-02-2005, 03:36 PM
Phil L

Mike wrote:
:: Working Class
:: Lower Middle Class
:: Middle Class
:: Upper Middle Class
:: Professional Class
::
:: Define the gardening requirements/thoughts behind each of these
:: classes and state the make up of the soil structure/growing
:: capabilities they experience.
::

The professionals and upper classes like to think they are the elite (as in
everything else they do) but in reality get a working class person to do
everything for them.

upper middle, middle and lower middle classes don't exist, they are all just
working class, they just don't want to admit it.

I have noticed a lot of snobbery in gardening circles in recent years but
any garden, no matter the size, shape or amount of money spent on it, has
the same effect on those who actually put the hours in doing it.
The Lord of the manor cannot 'feel' the same way as the bloke who actually
got his hands dirty when they both look out over the beds and lawns, the
Lord has merely issued a command, the working class made it happen.

--

http://www.blueyonder256k.myby.co.uk/

Old 09-02-2005, 03:48 PM
Mike

I have noticed a lot of snobbery in gardening circles in recent years

:-)) and it shows in this newsgroup

Old 09-02-2005, 04:22 PM
June Hughes

In message , Mike
writes

I have noticed a lot of snobbery in gardening circles in recent years

:-)) and it shows in this newsgroup

We are not all tarred with the same brush.

PS Incidentally, if you are Mike who used to have an address with
'rugrat' in it, can you please email me re Dennis (RNA).
--
June Hughes
Old 09-02-2005, 04:44 PM
Sacha

On 9/2/05 3:36 pm, in article
, "Phil L"
wrote:
snip
I have noticed a lot of snobbery in gardening circles in recent years but
any garden, no matter the size, shape or amount of money spent on it, has
the same effect on those who actually put the hours in doing it.
The Lord of the manor cannot 'feel' the same way as the bloke who actually
got his hands dirty when they both look out over the beds and lawns, the
Lord has merely issued a command, the working class made it happen.

I've always thought it was a great leveller. Everyone looks the same in
gardening clothes and the interests are the same, even if the tastes aren't.
My experience of people who are passionate about gardening and plants is
that there ARE no social barriers, except possibly from the sort of Mrs
Hampstead I was thinking of originally. And real gardeners garden, Lord or
not.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 09-02-2005, 05:13 PM
Mike

"June Hughes" wrote in message
In message , Mike
writes

I have noticed a lot of snobbery in gardening circles in recent years

:-)) and it shows in this newsgroup

We are not all tarred with the same brush.

Fortunatley not :-))

PS Incidentally, if you are Mike who used to have an address with
'rugrat' in it, can you please email me re Dennis (RNA).

Well 'rumrat' if you like when I was on Demon :-))
Big problems with Demon who eventually offered an apology :-)) I am afraid
I do not suffer fools gladly or those who use the language of the gutter.

You can find me at mikedotcrowe1atbtinternetdotcom. or by snail mail at PO36
8PG much to Sacha's disgust that I am so well known and 'respected' that a
simple post code finds me :-))

Mike

Old 09-02-2005, 05:39 PM
June Hughes

In message , Mike
writes

Well 'rumrat' if you like when I was on Demon :-))

Thanks. I have emailed you.

--
June Hughes