Old 09-02-2005, 09:37 PM
Sacha

Default Ceanothus flowering

This seems unlikely, even by this extraordinary year's standards but I
visited a house today where a Ceanothus is flowering well. Anyone else?
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 10-02-2005, 01:06 AM
andrewpreece

"Sacha" wrote in message
k...
This seems unlikely, even by this extraordinary year's standards but I
visited a house today where a Ceanothus is flowering well. Anyone else?

I have lots of big buds on mine, but only one has actually broken into
flower. I await to see if it is the first of many, or it went off
prematurely,

Andy

Old 10-02-2005, 08:49 AM
Charlie Pridham

"Sacha" wrote in message
k...
This seems unlikely, even by this extraordinary year's standards but I
visited a house today where a Ceanothus is flowering well. Anyone else?
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
(remove the weeds to email me)

Trewithian Blue is flowering well but the normal evergreen sorts are
actually looking a bit battered!

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Old 10-02-2005, 12:39 PM
Sacha

On 10/2/05 8:49, in article ,
"Charlie Pridham" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
k...
This seems unlikely, even by this extraordinary year's standards but I
visited a house today where a Ceanothus is flowering well. Anyone else?
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
(remove the weeds to email me)

Trewithian Blue is flowering well but the normal evergreen sorts are
actually looking a bit battered!

Looking at the plant quite briefly, I think it's C. 'Concha'.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 10-02-2005, 03:57 PM
Robert

"Sacha" wrote in message
k...
: This seems unlikely, even by this extraordinary year's standards but I
: visited a house today where a Ceanothus is flowering well. Anyone else?
: --
: Sacha
: www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
: South Devon
: (remove the weeds to email me)

No ours will flower no more, the gales brought most of it down

Old 10-02-2005, 10:26 PM
Kate Morgan

: This seems unlikely, even by this extraordinary year's standards but I
: visited a house today where a Ceanothus is flowering well. Anyone else?

No, not a sign of a bud yet on mine. I gave it the news and told it
to pull its socks up.

Janet

dont think mine has any buds yet, it looks very healthy so I will go
and peer at it tomorrow, if there are no buds I will follow your example
Janet and tell it off. I told all the daffodils off last year and it
worked, masses of buds this year :-)
kate
Old 11-02-2005, 03:13 PM
Kate Morgan

snip
No, not a sign of a bud yet on mine. I gave it the news and told it
to pull its socks up.

Or.........? ;-)

No more seaweed :~0

Janet

The ultimate revenge!

that reminded me to go and look, mine has tiny buds,I have never seen
the plant look so well as it does at the moment :-)
kate
Old 11-02-2005, 07:11 PM
Mike Lyle

Janet Baraclough wrote:
The message
from Kate Morgan contains these words:

snip
No, not a sign of a bud yet on mine. I gave it the news and
told it to pull its socks up.

Or.........? ;-)

No more seaweed :~0

Janet
The ultimate revenge!

that reminded me to go and look, mine has tiny buds,I have never

seen
the plant look so well as it does at the moment :-)

Ditto! I'm wondering if I should have starved it more. It's

right
next to a double gorse which is also doing very well and covered in
buds; the plan was for them to flower at the same time. (I still

have
hopes for that since gorse has such a long flowering season).

They're
planted too close (usual story) and expanding so fast one will

have
to come out next year, when I find out which propagates
successfully.

Do tell once you know: I once tried to prop a particularly
nicely-coloured gorse I found in the wild, and failed shamefully.
Never found the parent plant again, of course.

Mike.

Old 11-02-2005, 09:17 PM
David

Our ceanothus has just started coming into flower and we live on the SE
coast of Scotland. Certainly this year it's a month or so earlier than last.
Pity 'cos frost will no doubt be forecast this coming week!!!!
regards,
David

Old 11-02-2005, 11:56 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacha
Ceanothus flowering
have a few serverly wall - trained " Puget's Blue " i think they are...takes me 2 months to prune em all and the tips of some are flowering have been scince december....Ceonothus is reconed to do that thing Legumes do and fix atmospheric nitrogen.
Old 12-02-2005, 11:41 AM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Eyebright wrote:

Sacha Wrote:
Ceanothus flowering

have a few serverly wall - trained " Puget's Blue " i think they
are...takes me 2 months to prune em all and the tips of some are
flowering have been scince december....Ceonothus is reconed to do that
thing Legumes do and fix atmospheric nitrogen.

I have just noticed that I have some rosemary flowering!

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:44 PM
Mike Lyle

Janet Baraclough wrote:
The message
from "Mike Lyle" contains

these
words:

Do tell once you know: I once tried to prop a particularly
nicely-coloured gorse I found in the wild, and failed shamefully.
Never found the parent plant again, of course.

Gorse colour, scent power and floriferousness vary considerably

in
the wild, don't they. Did you try seed or cuttings? The
double-flowered one sets no seed so I'm hoping cuttings will work .

Cuttings. Maybe I'm the wrong blood group!

Mike.

Ceanothus not flowering [email protected] Gardening 5 04-06-2008 03:41 PM
Ceanothus problem SteveC United Kingdom 12 09-06-2006 08:59 PM
ceanothus emc United Kingdom 5 15-02-2003 05:06 PM
Ceanothus for hedging? david United Kingdom 6 15-02-2003 03:08 AM
Ceanothus for hedging? Adrian Stanley United Kingdom 3 08-02-2003 10:11 AM