Old 11-04-2005, 11:04 AM
Registered User

Default Horseradish

I am thinking of growing Horseradish but I am struggling to find a supplier. Can anyone recommend a source?

Any advice on growing it would also be welcome.

Thanks

Mark
Old 11-04-2005, 03:27 PM
bigboard

clokemg wrote:

I am thinking of growing Horseradish but I am struggling to find a
supplier. Can anyone recommend a source?

Any roadside verge!

Any advice on growing it would also be welcome.

I wouldn't worry - it's *stopping* it growing that's tricky!

Thanks

Mark

--
If you sit down at a poker game and don't see a sucker, get up. You're
the sucker.

Old 11-04-2005, 03:40 PM
Gary Woods

clokemg wrote:

I am thinking of growing Horseradish but I am struggling to find a
supplier.

Find somebody near you who can spare one of the side roots for planting....
you may get a response here.
Ignore the maniacal laughter as you leave, roots in hand.
Before planting, find a Star Trek fan who can loan you a copy of "The
Trouble with Tribbles." If that doesn't put you off, plant the root
cuttings just under the surface in a damp place and stand back. You're
welcome to a few hundred of mine, but I'm across a largish pond from most
of the group.

Old 11-04-2005, 03:43 PM
Tim Challenger

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 14:40:23 GMT, Gary Woods wrote:

clokemg wrote:

I am thinking of growing Horseradish but I am struggling to find a
supplier.

Find somebody near you who can spare one of the side roots for planting....
you may get a response here.
Ignore the maniacal laughter as you leave, roots in hand.
Before planting, find a Star Trek fan who can loan you a copy of "The
Trouble with Tribbles." ....

:-)
Or even John Wyndam's The Day of the Triffids.
--
Tim C.
Old 11-04-2005, 03:46 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
bigboard writes:
| clokemg wrote:
|
| I am thinking of growing Horseradish but I am struggling to find a
| supplier. Can anyone recommend a source?
|
| Any roadside verge!

Collecting it from there is now made into a heinous crime by the
pseudo-conservationist establishment. Ignore that.

| Any advice on growing it would also be welcome.
|
| I wouldn't worry - it's *stopping* it growing that's tricky!

It doesn't like hot, dry conditions much, and I used to have
difficulty.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Old 11-04-2005, 03:48 PM
bigboard

Nick Maclaren wrote:

In article ,
bigboard writes:
| clokemg wrote:
|
| I am thinking of growing Horseradish but I am struggling to find a
| supplier. Can anyone recommend a source?
|
| Any roadside verge!

Collecting it from there is now made into a heinous crime by the
pseudo-conservationist establishment. Ignore that.

LOL! I know, I must have driven it to the brink of extinction personally.

| Any advice on growing it would also be welcome.
|
| I wouldn't worry - it's *stopping* it growing that's tricky!

It doesn't like hot, dry conditions much, and I used to have
difficulty.

--
"All snakes who wish to remain in Ireland will please raise their right
hands."

Old 11-04-2005, 10:22 PM
w.g.s.hamm

"clokemg" wrote in message

I am thinking of growing Horseradish but I am struggling to find a
supplier. Can anyone recommend a source?

Any advice on growing it would also be welcome.

You can have as many roots from me as you want. Bloody stuff is a thug. I
mow and spray every year and *still* it comes back sob

Old 11-04-2005, 11:56 PM
Amos E Wolfe

"clokemg" wrote in message

I am thinking of growing Horseradish but I am struggling to find a
supplier. Can anyone recommend a source?

Your local branch of Wilkinson should have some in their gardening section.
Mine certainly does.

-=# Amos E Wolfe #=-

Old 12-04-2005, 10:47 AM
Registered User

Thank you for all the message. I may rethink if I am going to give myself a nightmare in the future!!

Thanks again.

Mark.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:37 PM
w.g.s.hamm

"Amos E Wolfe" wrote in message
"clokemg" wrote in message

I am thinking of growing Horseradish but I am struggling to find a
supplier. Can anyone recommend a source?

Your local branch of Wilkinson should have some in their gardening

section.
Mine certainly does.

But why buy what you can get for free?

Old 12-04-2005, 09:36 PM
Steve Harris

In article ,
(Amos E Wolfe) wrote:

Your local branch of Wilkinson should have some in their gardening
section.

Yes, find local branch via
www.wilko.co.uk

A useful bit of gardening software at http://www.netservs.com/garden/
Old 20-04-2005, 04:21 PM
Andrew

I have just come back from Poland where the supermarkets sell horse radish
roots. I have a few if anyone wants some. Just let me know.

Andrew

Horseradish Tree Gae Xavier Texas 18 09-10-2005 08:45 AM
Horseradish again karen United Kingdom 2 07-05-2003 08:56 PM
Help, re horseradish karen United Kingdom 7 06-05-2003 11:20 PM
Horseradish growing ED ROGERS United Kingdom 3 03-05-2003 05:20 AM
Horseradish... Mungo \two sheds\ Toadfoot United Kingdom 8 03-03-2003 11:42 PM