Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14-04-2005, 10:16 PM
Phil L

Default Chillis lagging behind

I sown some chillis (out of a pod from Morrisons!) in late Feb on a
windowcill, and they all germinated...a few weeks after sowing them I sown
many other seeds, tomatoes and marigolds etc, I repotted the Toms and
Chillis about two weeks ago because they were all around the same size,
about 3 inches.
The tomatoes are now 5 inches and the chillis havent done anything, they are
all still in windowcills facing East so they get the morning sun, I do have
a greenhouse but no proper heating - is this what they need? heat or sun or
both?...the GH is hot during the day but goes quite cold on a night, I
planted french beans about a week ago and none of them have come through
yet, do these require heat too? - it's frost free because other seedlings
are doing OK, sprouts, onions etc.

On a related note, my lobelias which I grew from seeds taken from last years
plants have done nothing at all, they all germinated and grew to about an
inch then stopped, they have not done anything for 4 weeks, so I've lobbed
'em...while shopping today I noticed an eight pack of 'mixed' lobelias
(white, pale blue, dark blue and purple) for 99p, I brought them home and
carefully split them up into 26 pots!....yes I'm as tight as a duck's
backside!

I also bought some growing parsley (salmon and cauliflower for tea tomorrow
with cheese sauce :-p), is this stuff hardy? - can I plant some of it
outside, or does it need to go in pots in the GH?

They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country
and our people, and neither do we."
- George W. Bush, 5.8.2004