Old 17-04-2005, 04:57 PM
Bazza

Default Compost heap activation

After finally setting up a 'dalek' compost heap behind the shed, I've
read a few things about how to look after it but the one piece of
information which eludes me is:

How often should I **** on it?

Barry Smith bazzas at btinternet.com
'It's not easy ... building Xanadu in the backstreets of Weatherfield.'
Old 17-04-2005, 05:15 PM
Mike

How often should I **** on it?

How long is a piece of string? ;-)

Old 18-04-2005, 09:50 AM
kevcam

It would make more sense to remove the lid and **** IN it rather than over
it. Initially, that's where I went wrong.

Kev

"Mike" wrote in message

How often should I **** on it?

How long is a piece of string? ;-)

Old 18-04-2005, 10:46 AM
doug

"kevcam" wrote in message
It would make more sense to remove the lid and **** IN it rather than over
it. Initially, that's where I went wrong.

Kev

"Mike" wrote in message

How often should I **** on it?

How long is a piece of string? ;-)

********
No! No!. What you mean is how long is his chopper.
A properly constructed compost heap can develop much heat, and could not
only be brimful, - but harmful.
We don't want him getting his Bobby's-helmet scalded, - do we!.
Doug. (: ^)

********
..

Old 17-04-2005, 05:57 PM
Mike Lyle

Bazza wrote:
After finally setting up a 'dalek' compost heap behind the shed,

I've
read a few things about how to look after it but the one piece of
information which eludes me is:

How often should I **** on it?

Only when somebody else isn't. Unless you trust them not to switch
their aim.

--
Mike.

Old 17-04-2005, 08:42 PM
Ben Clay

I recall that everyday when my dad came home from work he used to "visit the
garden". I thought this was to check if the plants were growing properly;
one day in my late teens he put me straight on the matter...

Barry Smith bazzas at btinternet.com
'It's not easy ... building Xanadu in the backstreets of Weatherfield.'

Old 18-04-2005, 11:11 AM
doug

"Ben Clay" wrote in message
I recall that everyday when my dad came home from work he used to "visit
the garden". I thought this was to check if the plants were growing
properly; one day in my late teens he put me straight on the matter...

********
Don't you mean he "hit you straight with a splatter"?.
(Tee-Hee!)
Doug.
********

Barry Smith bazzas at btinternet.com
'It's not easy ... building Xanadu in the backstreets of Weatherfield.'

Old 18-04-2005, 09:22 AM
Jasbird

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 15:57:45 +0000 (UTC), Bazza
wrote:

After finally setting up a 'dalek' compost heap behind the shed, I've
read a few things about how to look after it but the one piece of
information which eludes me is:

How often should I **** on it?

It depends what you put in the heap. If there are a lot of wood
chippings you can **** quite regularly and should certainly try
somekind of activation. For most other types of composting
matter you don't really need any ****.

Old 18-04-2005, 11:14 AM
doug

wrote:

After finally setting up a 'dalek' compost heap behind the shed, I've
read a few things about how to look after it but the one piece of
information which eludes me is:

How often should I **** on it?

It depends what you put in the heap. If there are a lot of wood
chippings you can **** quite regularly and should certainly try
somekind of activation. For most other types of composting
matter you don't really need any ****.

********
Just because that word's in the Bible...............!
Doug.
********

Old 20-04-2005, 06:29 PM
Bazza

Thanks for all the advice, some of it even helpful.

Barry Smith bazzas at btinternet.com
'It's not easy ... building Xanadu in the backstreets of Weatherfield.'