Old 17-04-2005, 04:57 PM
Bazza

Default Compost heap activation

After finally setting up a 'dalek' compost heap behind the shed, I've
read a few things about how to look after it but the one piece of
information which eludes me is:

How often should I **** on it?

Barry Smith bazzas at btinternet.com
'It's not easy ... building Xanadu in the backstreets of Weatherfield.'
Old 17-04-2005, 05:15 PM
Mike

How often should I **** on it?

How long is a piece of string? ;-)

Old 17-04-2005, 05:57 PM
Mike Lyle

Bazza wrote:
After finally setting up a 'dalek' compost heap behind the shed,

I've
read a few things about how to look after it but the one piece of
information which eludes me is:

How often should I **** on it?

Only when somebody else isn't. Unless you trust them not to switch
their aim.

--
Mike.

Old 17-04-2005, 07:54 PM
p.k.

Janet Baraclough wrote:
The message
from Bazza contains these
words:

After finally setting up a 'dalek' compost heap behind the shed, I've
read a few things about how to look after it but the one piece of
information which eludes me is:

How often should I **** on it?

Whenever you're busy in the garden, your bladder is full, and your
boots are muddy.

Janet

Being male, whenever I want to activate the heap i can just wander up to it,
enjoy the scenery and "acivate", I'm afraid the mental image of your
activating procees is less appealing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pk

Old 17-04-2005, 08:42 PM
Ben Clay

I recall that everyday when my dad came home from work he used to "visit the
garden". I thought this was to check if the plants were growing properly;
one day in my late teens he put me straight on the matter...

Barry Smith bazzas at btinternet.com
'It's not easy ... building Xanadu in the backstreets of Weatherfield.'

Old 17-04-2005, 08:56 PM
Mike

Being male, whenever I want to activate the heap i can just wander up to

it,
enjoy the scenery and "acivate", I'm afraid the mental image of your
activating procees is less appealing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pk

as used by the boating fraternity, "bucket and chuckit"?

However I must admit that I am looking at far more comfort in the Motor
Sailer I am seeking ;-)

Old 18-04-2005, 09:22 AM
Jasbird

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 15:57:45 +0000 (UTC), Bazza
wrote:

After finally setting up a 'dalek' compost heap behind the shed, I've
read a few things about how to look after it but the one piece of
information which eludes me is:

How often should I **** on it?

It depends what you put in the heap. If there are a lot of wood
chippings you can **** quite regularly and should certainly try
somekind of activation. For most other types of composting
matter you don't really need any ****.

Old 18-04-2005, 09:50 AM
kevcam

It would make more sense to remove the lid and **** IN it rather than over
it. Initially, that's where I went wrong.

Kev

"Mike" wrote in message

How often should I **** on it?

How long is a piece of string? ;-)

Old 18-04-2005, 10:46 AM
doug

"kevcam" wrote in message
It would make more sense to remove the lid and **** IN it rather than over
it. Initially, that's where I went wrong.

Kev

"Mike" wrote in message

How often should I **** on it?

How long is a piece of string? ;-)

********
No! No!. What you mean is how long is his chopper.
A properly constructed compost heap can develop much heat, and could not
only be brimful, - but harmful.
We don't want him getting his Bobby's-helmet scalded, - do we!.
Doug. (: ^)

********
..

Old 18-04-2005, 11:07 AM
doug

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "p.k." contains these words:

Janet Baraclough wrote:
The message
from Bazza contains these
words:

After finally setting up a 'dalek' compost heap behind the shed, I've
read a few things about how to look after it but the one piece of
information which eludes me is:

How often should I **** on it?

Whenever you're busy in the garden, your bladder is full, and your
boots are muddy.

Being male, whenever I want to activate the heap i can just wander up
to it,
enjoy the scenery and "acivate", I'm afraid the mental image of your
activating procees is less appealing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not at all. Earlier today Paula Radcliffe showed the entire nation
just how quickly and discreetly a woman can take a pee in public :~}

Janet

********
Madam! - Please behave yourself!.
Have consideration for strict Calvinists such as fellows like me, brought
up in impressionable early youth by His Majesty's Royal Air Force during a
global conflict when the language in use was strictly pure Shakespearean,
and therefore unadulterated and inocuous. (:^)
Doug.
********

Old 18-04-2005, 11:11 AM
doug

"Ben Clay" wrote in message
I recall that everyday when my dad came home from work he used to "visit
the garden". I thought this was to check if the plants were growing
properly; one day in my late teens he put me straight on the matter...

********
Don't you mean he "hit you straight with a splatter"?.
(Tee-Hee!)
Doug.
********

Barry Smith bazzas at btinternet.com
'It's not easy ... building Xanadu in the backstreets of Weatherfield.'

Old 18-04-2005, 11:14 AM
doug

wrote:

After finally setting up a 'dalek' compost heap behind the shed, I've
read a few things about how to look after it but the one piece of
information which eludes me is:

How often should I **** on it?

It depends what you put in the heap. If there are a lot of wood
chippings you can **** quite regularly and should certainly try
somekind of activation. For most other types of composting
matter you don't really need any ****.

********
Just because that word's in the Bible...............!
Doug.
********

Old 18-04-2005, 11:23 AM
bigboard

Janet Baraclough wrote:

The message
from "p.k." contains these words:

Janet Baraclough wrote:
The message
from Bazza contains these
words:

After finally setting up a 'dalek' compost heap behind the shed, I've
read a few things about how to look after it but the one piece of
information which eludes me is:

How often should I **** on it?

Whenever you're busy in the garden, your bladder is full, and your
boots are muddy.

Being male, whenever I want to activate the heap i can just wander up
to it,
enjoy the scenery and "acivate", I'm afraid the mental image of your
activating procees is less appealing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not at all. Earlier today Paula Radcliffe showed the entire nation
just how quickly and discreetly a woman can take a pee in public :~}

But would she have been discrete if she had been squatting over a compost
heap left along the route?

--
A free society is one where it is safe to be unpopular.
-- Adlai Stevenson

Old 18-04-2005, 01:42 PM
Mike Lyle

bigboard wrote:
Janet Baraclough wrote:

[...]
Not at all. Earlier today Paula Radcliffe showed the entire

nation
just how quickly and discreetly a woman can take a pee in public

:~}

But would she have been discrete if she had been squatting over a
compost heap left along the route?

One of many reasons I have never taken part in the Tour de France is
that, apparently, competitors don't stop cycling for the purpose.

--
Mike.

Old 19-04-2005, 08:13 PM
Janet Tweedy

Whenever you're busy in the garden, your bladder is full, and your
boots are muddy.

Janet

Being male, whenever I want to activate the heap i can just wander up to it,
enjoy the scenery and "acivate", I'm afraid the mental image of your
activating procees is less appealing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pk

Let's hope the shed's not on an allotment
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph