Old 09-02-2003, 09:46 AM
dave @ stejonda

Default Sarcococca

In message , Pam Moore
writes
On Wed, 5 Feb 2003 22:42:57 -0000, "Trevor Appleton"
wrote:

But Sarcocca? I find the smell absolutely obnoxious.

Strange. I have been enjoying mine every time I passed it for a few
weeks. My daughter came and I enthused about it and she said it smelt
like cats' pee! I think it does smell different if you push your nose
in the bush. Just walk past and the perfume is wonderful.

The cutting we brought into the house did start to give off the
attractive scent after 24hrs in the warm but 2/3 days later we started
to notice the smell of cats' pee. After looking accusingly at the lovely
Chloe for a while I remembered your post. Sure enough the Sarcoccoca now
smelt off. Perhaps the scent changes over time and your daughter caught
a whiff of the older flowers?

--
dave @ stejonda

Alternative Global News : http://commondreams.org//