Old 07-05-2005, 02:09 PM
Susan

Default Garden News Magazine Order

Did anybody here order the brassica vegetable collection from the Garden
News magazine? It was ages ago that the offer appeared. I haven't received
my order yet and I wonder if anyone else has?

Thanks.

Old 07-05-2005, 02:22 PM
Mike

Did anybody here order the brassica vegetable collection from the Garden
News magazine? It was ages ago that the offer appeared. I haven't

received
my order yet and I wonder if anyone else has?

Thanks.

Knowing the response I had from my article in there, I expect they were
overwhelmed and you are still waiting for supplies to be replenished. I
didn't realise it was such a widely read magazine.

Mike

Old 07-05-2005, 03:50 PM
Susan

"Mike" wrote in message
Did anybody here order the brassica vegetable collection from the Garden

News magazine?

Knowing the response I had from my article in there, I expect they were

overwhelmed and you are still waiting for supplies to be replenished.

Hi, Mike. What article was that, then? I've been reading the magazine for
about 3 years or so now.

Regards

Old 07-05-2005, 03:57 PM
Mike

Hi, Mike. What article was that, then? I've been reading the magazine

for
about 3 years or so now.

Regards

April 6th, Letters page 23 col 2 "Growing friendships, old and new". Sowed a
seed, reaped a wonderful harvest and still getting a late crop ;-))

Mike

--
H.M.S.Collingwood Ass. Llandudno 20 - 23 May Trip to Portmeirion
National Service (RAF) Ass. Cosford 24 - 27 June Spitfire Fly Past

Old 07-05-2005, 04:15 PM
Mike

They did actually prune the article, but nevertheless it gave a wonderful
display in print. Here is the original ;-))

The Shape of a Gardener

Gardeners, like the plants, shrubs, bushes and trees that they tend, come in
different shapes and sizes. Short and squat and hardly move in a breeze,
tall and willowy and will drift about in same amount of breeze, never being
still for two minutes. Some are colourful and one falls in love with them
straight away, others dry, boring and you wonder why you put up with them.

And they come in all ages, the annual which like a Grandchild you nurture
and encourage, the perennial which you hope will turn out OK, the
established Bush, rather like a stalwart Committee Member of a local Club,
always there, sometimes needs trimming back.

The history and experience of a gardener sometimes makes interesting
reading, again like his plants. A 'One off', very rare and not at all common
in every garden such as the gardener with a very colourful experience of
travelling the world, writing books and appears a lot on TV, then there is
the ordinary plain 'run of the mill' gardener, like the daffodils,
primroses, cabbages, grass, crazy paving path, the potting shed etc. One,
which can be found in many many, gardens the length and breadth of the
British Isles, like the one who served his country in the form of National
Service in the Royal Air Force.

He is the gardener we are looking for to join our new Association. We have
been sowing seeds for about two years now and the crop has been very
fruitful with a little over 2000 members. We have our Quarterly 'catalogue'
with contributions from the 'gardeners' who hope to 'germinate' future
friendships with other like minded people and renew 'established' ones from
years ago. Many are being reunited with those who they thought had been
tossed onto the compost heap a long while back.

So if you are one of those rare breed, an RAF National Serviceman, contact
the 'Head Gardener' of the National Service (Royal Air Force) Association,
Mike Crowe and let him add you to the wonderful harvest we are reaping.

Very best wishes

Mike Crowe

Address deleted here but it's not too hard to find in the wide world webb
:-))
PO36 8PG is sufficient :-))

Old 07-05-2005, 06:53 PM
Ang Ang is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike
Did anybody here order the brassica vegetable collection from the Garden
News magazine? It was ages ago that the offer appeared. I haven't

received
my order yet and I wonder if anyone else has?

Thanks.

Knowing the response I had from my article in there, I expect they were
overwhelmed and you are still waiting for supplies to be replenished. I
didn't realise it was such a widely read magazine.

Mike

I also am waiting..will post if and when received
Old 08-05-2005, 04:17 PM
Susan

"Mike" wrote in message
They did actually prune the article, but nevertheless it gave a wonderful
display in print. Here is the original ;-))

Thanks for your article, Mike. I'll see if I can find my 6th April copy of
Garden News and read it in there, too. It must've been great for you to
read it in all its glory in print!

Regards.

Old 08-05-2005, 04:17 PM
Susan

"Ang" wrote in message

Did anybody here order the brassica vegetable collection from the

Garden News magazine?

I also am waiting..will post if and when received

Thanks, Ang. I thought my order might've been lost in the post or
something, but obviously they've not despatched the plants yet. It was ages
ago and I can't even remember what the order was for other than "brassicas".
I don't even have a veg plot, but I'm hoping to grow whatever they are in
grow-bags.

Regards

Old 08-05-2005, 04:39 PM
Mike

Thanks for your article, Mike. I'll see if I can find my 6th April copy

of
Garden News and read it in there, too. It must've been great for you to
read it in all its glory in print!

Regards.

If you find your copy, you will see just how much they pruned!!!

I have to admit that I was quite chuffed to see that one as it was 'a bit
different' and I know from experience that Editors are looking for new
stories. I do in fact get a lot of publicity for the various Associations
and Organisations by writing to local newspapers and having letters in the
'Letters to the Editor' section, and here again, my letters are a bit
different to the usual gripe over dog mess on the pavements, double yellow
lines, planning permission for a hideous buildings etc :-))

I only wish that I could have had so much cheap/free publicity when I was in
business :-(( I spent £ thousands :-(( I think it was Henry Ford who said,
"Only 50% of my advertising costs are effective, the trouble is I don't know
which 50%"

Glad you enjoyed the article. Hope it made you smile :-))

Mike

Old 09-05-2005, 05:41 PM
Ang Ang is offline
Registered User

from memory offer was for 5 each of broccilli, cauli, sprouts and two different types of cabbage ( from other offers I've ssent for from Garden news...I expect tiny plants!)

Old 11-05-2005, 12:55 AM
Janet Tweedy

In article , Ang
writes

from memory offer was for 5 each of broccilli, cauli, sprouts and two
different types of cabbage ( from other offers I've ssent for from
Garden news...I expect tiny plants!)

--
Ang

I was pleased with my Hellebores and my four seed tray sized heating
'bench/tray'

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph

Well there's good news and bad news.... Janet Baraclough United Kingdom 32 26-06-2004 11:48 AM
Good news/bad news Mike Patterson Ponds 2 19-05-2004 08:09 PM
Good News-Bad News Bob Adkins Ponds 2 14-09-2003 06:32 PM
Sad news, good news and questions all in one message Boystrup Pb, ann,... Orchids 18 13-06-2003 04:44 PM
There is good news and bad news Essjay001 United Kingdom 0 10-06-2003 02:32 AM